Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back Down Clown
If someone has their back to an unwalkable square, treat their sides as their back (in addition to also still being treated as their sides) for the purposes of skills and GUI bonuses.

Reason: Samurai Champloo episode 2, fighting with your back to something is inherently dangerous as it restricts movements and the opponent can take more advantage of that than you are protected by it.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like Sawrock's post:
  • JamOfBoy, Maksimum_Fire, Miller
I could see flanking bonus getting increased against targets who have a dense object behind them, since players count as dense objects I would highly suggest this only apply to flanks and not the rear.
Agreed. The sides positionals don't have much use like the rear anyway. I'd like for when a tile behind someone is occupied, their Evade and Critical Evade is drastically lowered.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
(03-15-2021, 04:46 AM)Snake Wrote: Agreed. The sides positionals don't have much use like the rear anyway. I'd like for when a tile behind someone is occupied, their Evade and Critical Evade is drastically lowered.

That might get a little sketchy, since you could then walk behind someone and stab them in the butt with extra bonuses for occupying the tile behind them yourself.

I have mixed feelings about the original suggestion, but I agree that some penalty should be in place to prevent people from hugging the map border to prevent positional attacks from threatening them.
To Kameron:
Since you have mixed feelings about the original suggestion, do you mind clarifying the feelings and possible downsides that could occur?

To Autumn:
I don't mean a dense tile, I mean an unwalkable one. I phrased it super weird but like... if there's sear tiles behind you, that could count as well (as you wouldn't want to be backing up defensively into the flames). Although for balance and clarity it would probably just better off being dense tiles.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
Oh I didn't explain it well at all- Sorry!

I meant as in. If someone is behind a victim (in logic, blocking their attempts at dodging backwards), people attacking from the opposite side gain bonuses while they lose some statistics.

Like how Flanking works in DnD.

This way someone could slip behind another, and the second friend would attack from the front for an easier target. Then the same would happen on the sides.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
At the very least I think it would be fair if the side-backstab thing applied if they have their backs to the literal edges of the map that people love to utilize.
[Image: tenor.gif]
What Kam said, basically.

If you make it dense objects you can do very janky things to super boost your chances. You could do something as simple as spawn a butterfly behind someone for 1 M, and done, get all those boosts.

If it somehow only were for map borders I would be on board. I was never a fan of that weird protection. At the same time I wouldn't want to punish people who creatively put a dense object behind them on the field for protection, like a ice point/Rock or something.
I like these kind of tactical options.