Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chivalry suggestion (Shield-fu)
[Image: unknown.png]
Hey, Boss Man! There's 5 points as left-overs here. Mind if I pitch in some suggestions? Well, too bad, doing it anyway!

(3 SP)
Rally - When you use Guard while you have a Shield equipped, grants a buff that increases the damage of allies (only) within 2 (+SR) range by 10%, while reducing damage taken by 5% until your next turn.

(2 SP)
Savior - While you have a Shield. If an ally within 2 (+SR) range takes any damage higher than their current HP, it will be transferred to you as you will jump infront of them. If the tile has an enemy on it, they will be knocked back and knocked down. (3 round CD).
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Snake's post:
  • Autumn, K Peculier
I'd be more a fan of the first trait if it were a 5% increase given how little investment is put into a guard, however the second sub-talent is pretty good, and seems avoidable if accounted for correctly, though with any knockdown I can be a little worried.
5% for a 1M guard is enough. I rather have it be 5% less damage for everyone though rather than a damage increase. More shield protectors and all that.

Maybe 5%*M invested to a max to SR (so 3=15%)

I be generally pretty on the fence on everything thats % damage increase, considering the current state of the game. no matter how small it seems. Even more so on defensive options that are also just something small as a talent.

Edit:
Also not stackable...As much as a roman shield formation sounds fun on Paper, having a full party basically stand there for 100% reduction guarding sounds stupid as fuck.
Not a fan of a 1m 10% damage increase for anyone in 5 range as well as, in this instance, making your guard have an effective additional DR of 15% for 1m and 75% at 7m. No thank you. Most people have to go through hoops to get damage multipliers. I don't think we should be dishing it out for free, especially not to shields. Is magic mirror not enough for you people? Sheesh.
number 1 GTer EU
[-] The following 1 user Likes JamOfBoy's post:
  • FatherCrixius
Oh I assumed the DR was ONLY for your teammates and not yourself. Thats what I would find the most acceptable.
I think the first one's a little iffy to me, given that 10% damage increase and 5% damage decrease can be easily accessed with 1m. I'm heavily in favor of the second one, though! I want more things to make tanks feel like actual tanks.
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=8459553]
The idea behind Rally was clarified. It's a buff that only benefits allied units in range, not yourself.

Also bump.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]