Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Underperforming Chimera Mutations
[Image: unknown.png]

As this doesn't quite give you any sort of Elemental ATK, and Flooded Water is not really common enough to warrant something solely made to counter it; Could this additionally reduce the Stamina cost for Diving by 3 (to make it similar to Theno)?

The tail kind of 'helps maneuver in water', so it should be less of a drag for them to dive with this extra appendage.

Shark Fangs are also not utilized in combat, so you can't tell when a Chimera has them or not. The request for this one is simple:

- Grants the skill: "Shark Bite". Lunge on your enemy and take a hearty bite out of them, dealing 120% SWA pierce physical damage and inflicting Lingering Damage LV15 for 3 rounds. If this skill defeats the enemy, you recover HP and FP equal to the enemy's level (or 10, whichever is higher).

Consuming a Snakeman, whose blood and body is extremely poisonous, should probably also give them a minor (15%) resistance to Poison damage.

And finally, the fact you need to 'have no Leg items equipped' makes this quite useless. The effect isn't even strong enough to warrant you nerfing yourself for it. I don't think that condition is essential unless the effect became stronger, such as Kick skill dealing your Ice ATK + Character LV bonus Ice damage with a chance of inflicting Frozen LV(125% Ice ATK), at the very least.

So I'm requesting the condition to be partially modified instead to:
- You do not trigger Ice Sheets.
- While you have no Legs item equipped, your Kick skill deals Ice magic damage equal to your character level (or keep it half?).

In addition, I'm also requesting a fruit that resets a Chimera's mutations to zero ("Fruit of Devolution"), along with a Trait that prevents them from gaining mutations from consuming monster corpses ("Mutation Resistance").

This way you can roleplay as the specific Chimera subtype you want to be. (For example, a Shark-only chimera, or a Snakeman-only chimera, or a Tyrant-only chimera, etc.)

Though if it's allowed to omit certain mutations you unintentionally have obtained, or if Chimeras are able to protrude or retract these specific appendages at will? I don't see the need. Most of this is due to roleplay over mechanics in the end.

And that's pretty much it from me!

I've posted this in Suggestions but I didn't notice how Balance-Fu-ey it was becoming after more ideas came about how to make some of the Chimera's appendages be more noticeable in mechanical fight. Feel free to comment over this reupload of my irl Shaitan madness.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake's post:
  • Miller
Agree with all, especially fishtail. Why is this mutation's sole purpose to counter one class gimmick?