Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Player Healing and Repair services (i.e roles beyond 'adventurer')
(04-03-2021, 07:22 PM)Autumn Wrote: Could this be better reserved as a rework to the 'history' traits perhaps? It would maybe open up a variety of options available to players while making the history traits more than just 'here's 3 stat points'
I'd probably be down for this. But otherwise it seems neat as a rough draft.
I'm always a fan of adding to or expanding RP/History stuff, though I also feel like were a bit bloated on traits that feel mandatory as is. I support this idea but hope eventually we can crunch some things like diehard into the base game so I can actually afford to take the RP traits.
I am personally not a big fan of the "healing" one, not because its a bad idea, but because its very easily abuseable in IC situations.

The Food healing on hour tick is already terrible enough, if you have ICly back to back fights. Even if you do not try to abuse it, its very much possible that you just fully heal within the RP. If you now can basically just press a boutton and "Take a service" I fully suspect people argueing that they can do it within those 5 seconds it would take for the next fight.
But I guess it won't really make the situation worse.

I am of the same opinion as Hippie however, I do not feel like those service traits nessecairly need to give you combat advantages either.
(04-10-2021, 02:58 PM)Shujin Wrote: I am personally not a big fan of the "healing" one, not because its a bad idea, but because its very easily abuseable in IC situations.

The Food healing on hour tick is already terrible enough, if you have ICly back to back fights. Even if you do not try to abuse it, its very much possible that you just fully heal within the RP. If you now can basically just press a boutton and "Take a service" I fully suspect people argueing that they can do it within those 5 seconds it would take for the next fight.
But I guess it won't really make the situation worse.

I am of the same opinion as Hippie however, I do not feel like those service traits nessecairly need to give you combat advantages either.

Purely a response to this post: You can already just click and drag potions to each other (That displays a chat message anyone can see in whisper range) or silently apply bandages (That nobody can see) so I wouldn't worry too much about that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes EenKogNeeto's post:
  • Shujin
I only see people who abuse the proposed IC mechanic with OOC jerkass intents being in the death row for a nice warning or ban.

We have teleportation maps and I've yet to see anyone who's been an idiot about it. Same faith can be applied to this.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
The suggestions in the initial post seem like combat buffs to specific archetypes which certain classes already fit, except this'll just promote the limited amount of selected archetypes given instead of any kind of mix-and-match variety that is preferable in the kind of customizable system that SL2 offers.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
I think the opposite. Limiting what kind of people can obtain those specific game-altering actions promotes people to specialize more into certain things, rather than be an omniclassing mishmashing that the game unintentionally is.

Sure, freedom is good, but too much freedom promotes bad roleplay or special snowflakes who can do everything and flex about it while this dude who invested his whole life in mending people doesn't look the slightest different or unique from this assumed guy.

Like how Albedo's pretty dead because everything was given for free to players for them to decide what to do with it, tightening the leash on this will definitely help people feel special for having their own non-specialized-into-being-a-fighter roles.
Gonna throw in my own two cents.

I appreciate the attempt and whats trying to be done here.
I however think this is a terrible implementation 

Roleplay and Mechanics are a bad combination because that leads to people going for the mechanics rather then the roleplay.

you already see it with traits why would you not take BACKROUND X its free stats regardless of what your backround actually is 

I honestly think Talents and Traits should be redone from scratch because side from having seperate point pools to spend on them they are kinda blending together. 

I also think that the job system should be expanded on enough that almost everyone in game can have a job if they want to apply for one and giving them minor bonuses for it like maybe being slightly better at healing or water sorcers perhaps having a slightly higher BW or Encumberance (because i litterally cant think of anything else for them) 
I would also add generic jobs that are not attached to anything that just exist to give a small bonus to those who can't or dont want to be attached to a more demanding job

An example would be paying 1k murai for the chef job which adds 1 to the duration of food served from feast tables or campfires (or more servings maybe)

BACK ON TOPIC. some Talents are just convenience tax tax at this point Jump for example is especially stupid when we have grapplehooks  some traits feel like they should be standard (Backround weapon sentiment battlespirits) 

Traits should be quirks specific to your character the emotion ones are a good example Rule by Emotion Laidback/Serious and Racials (which there should be more of and some of those really should be standard)

Ill stop before i get on yet another rant but I hope my post sparks soem discussion as i do honestly feel like this is somethign that needs adressing.
OMEGA BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!