Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mono-Classing, Smell of the Game Edition
I believe the most satisfying conditions for monoclassing are:

-Seriously strong passives that boost the power of the class to an all time high, nearly doubling their effectiveness
-Being able to compete on the levels of dual classed characters but not necessarily overshadowing them completely.

This can be achieved by improving currently existing mono-class benefits and even introducing some for say the likes of Kensei or Demon Hunter or Black Knight

Or by introducing specifically mono-classed skills that have egregious power budgets, given they're restricted to solely being mono-classed.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Autumn's post:
  • Ham
I believe strongly that making it so that Mono-Classing grants +2 Skill Ranks to a skill where you invested at least 1 point in (which ignores cap, like White Spirits) will be better and easier route to go than getting every unholy class in the game and thinking about whatever fits them or is strong enough to justify monoclassing. And even then it won't please people if a skill comes underperforming, or becomes overperforming.

We already have a lot of things, let's just make them better, friends! Mono-classing's strength being in specialization is more thematic this way.

You do what everyone does, but better, since it's all you know to do.

And yes, it includes Passives and Innates.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
(04-13-2021, 10:13 PM)Autumn Wrote: I believe the most satisfying conditions for monoclassing are:

-Seriously strong passives that boost the power of the class to an all time high, nearly doubling their effectiveness
-Being able to compete on the levels of dual classed characters but not necessarily overshadowing them completely.

This can be achieved by improving currently existing mono-class benefits and even introducing some for say the likes of Kensei or Demon Hunter or Black Knight

Or by introducing specifically mono-classed skills that have egregious power budgets, given they're restricted to solely being mono-classed.
*sweats imagining 80 evade from mercalan mist*
Gonna have to agree with snake. I don't think adding MOAR SKILLS would be a good solution since it just becomes another tally to the meta whore race.

Passively giving you a bonus for being mono like FREE RANKS seems like a better solution though that also seems way too strong.

I also think that yeah the base level cap should be raised. (also give summoner more base skills )
Monk and shapeshifter have monoclass effects on a few skills. Let's expand on this indeed. Perhaps like Duelist getting an even stronger eviter if both classes are from duelist.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water