Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lore Questions: March 2021
Given the nature of a Homunculi's creation, is it possible to give them matching characteristics of another race as to closely match them?

IE: An Amalgama that looks like a Kaelensia with non-functional wings/animal ears/tail.
Questions about gaps over the topic of Mutation in races that can mutate. There are more but I feel like asking only what I believe is the most important for now.

Amalgama:
1- Could Amalgama's souls have very minor influence on the body as they mutate? (I.E, an Amalgama who remembered a weakness to light to become a little more pale over time in response to it, remembering about a secret Amalgama spell makes a black arcane tatto develop on their arm over time, etc.)

Chimera:
2- Can Chimera retract and protrude their mutated appendages at will? (This is mostly related to me being a 4head and needing to eat on other monster corpses to restore HP/FP and ending up becoming a walking shambling abomination that completely broke my 'Shark-chimera' character.)
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
What information would Albedo require or have of its members (for example, race, real name, aliases, passage papers, etc.)?
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2F68.media.tumblr.com%2F9...f=1&nofb=1]
Lore wise, what are the precise limits to spell stealing?

Obviously you can't keep any more spells than the places you have to store spells, but there's also other questions that come to mind.
Is it possible to steal a spell of the spellthief's choosing, assuming they know the spell is part of their target's repertoire? (I know that mechanically you can't, but I'm curious about the way it works in lore)
When using Snatch Spell, does it completely absorb the focus used for the spell if successful, regardless of the amount of power used for it, or are there specific limitations?
Is it possible to take multiple spells at a time or something of that nature under specific circumstances? (For example, sneaking up behing someone so they're caught off guard) If so, what sorts of conditions would have to be met for it?
[-] The following 2 users Like SolAndLuna's post:
  • Ham, Miller
Pinks lab excerpt: 'They (Chaturan) are in an alliance with Karaten, and thanks to this, Kysei is very safe. Karaten is extremely powerful on the magic front while besting Black Knights in physical-based warfare is not only difficult but nearly impossible due to Chaturanga's master tacticians. This mutual interest and power have made Chaturanga and Karaten very close, and very powerful.'

My question is: how long the two of them (Chaturan and Karaten) have been in their alliance, Chaturan is stated to be very old and powerful, though Karatens lore is very sparse in this regard. Also, with Phobo beginning to cause problems, Albedo, and all of the recent event problems, is support for the alliance holding strong with the people?

On a small scale, I'm ultimately wondering how possible it is for a retired Black Knight to have experience fighting against either Karaten Magi or more likely Albedo operatives on the field of battle. And how old they would have to be in that case. Be it recent splinter groups/terrorists or whatever.
Does Scrying magic, that being magic that allows one to spy on people over long distances via a magical aid (Such as a crystal ball) Exist in this setting? If so, does it require some part of the target's body, such as a lock of hair?
Blissey Wrote:At first I was going to leave the highlighted part alone, but the more I assessed Chaos' answer, the more I began to figure that leaving it that vague would probably leave more questions than answers (this isn't Chaos' fault, of course, because he only knows what he knows).

In regards to the highlighted part only:

How do we measure this? What level of wounds/injuries would constitute an average healer tapping out due to Focus depletion? What level of wounds/injuries would constitute a group of average healers tapping out due to Focus depletion? How can we reasonably measure what 'get some work done' means?

I know it's asking for specifics, but his answer may leave too much up to interpretation, and may cause some... Chaos (heh).

Depends entirely on the individual healer and individual case, but I'd say in general, any situation where there are multiple injuries to an individual that they treat, for example multiple broken bones, or deep stab/cuts. Reattaching body parts is also very draining. Otherwise they could treat several mildly injured person(s) before feeling drained.

Autumn Wrote:I have some questions mostly regarding the Manor in Voliegarde, I will try to keep it as concise as possible:

1) What reason would there to be had to keep the Manor around at all, there has been discussion among the guards in an IC manner that would lead into tearing it down, but there is no reason that should happen from a game perspective as its cutting some necessary content

2) Would blowing out its structural integrity cause far more damage to the surrounding landscape in that case? As far as I know its situated over a chasm/sub-terrainian draconic graveyard, or would blowing the whole manor to high hell just cause too much chaos in a spiritual sense?

Mostly the answers I am looking for are IC Justifications for why the place wouldn't be blown out to heck yet, considering how much impact its had on many characters to date.

1) It's a haunted manor and is pretty dangerous. It's probably not feasible to try and get construction workers who are capable of tearing it down in there. Also, it may not actually have any effect on the manor - supernatural oddities like these rarely go away without first somehow removing the spiritual influence.

2) There are not really explosives sophisticated or powerful enough to do this in the world of SL2. That said, yes, it would probably not be a great solution even if they did, due to the chance of fires spreading or ground collapse.

FancyCyclops Wrote:Pasting from Discord, but...

Have materials been used as fuel for something before?

If so, what is considered the most practical of these, if at all?

If not, what could have the highest potential for being used as a fuel?

Not sure what 'something' you mean. Wood is used as fuel for fires, for example, but I doubt that's what you mean. Focus is generally used elsewhere.

Drileyx Wrote:I've got some questions about Youkai.

1. Were there Youkai that worshipped or were otherwise connected to gods, such as the elementals?
2. In the case of Youkai that worshipped/were connected to Nairyf, would they be more obedient towards Salamandra?

1) No, the Youkai world is completely different and they likely don't recognize Sigrogana Gods as such.
2) Youkai obedience tends to be based on their personality and how they view and are treated by their summoner.

Lonestar Wrote:A few questions about Astronomy regarding the universe of Sigrogana. (I have a character wishing to study/advance the science, please forgive me.) I'll try to keep the questions as short as possible!

1. Do observatoriums/telescopes exist? For the former, where would they be more known to exist?
2. Is the science commonly studied?
3. Is it already known around the community that studies the topic, the characteristics of the other planets?
4. Have the planets been named yet, save Sigrogana? If not, is it possible for a player to do so?

1) I don't think an observatorium would exist, but primitive telescopes could.
2) There is some interest in the stars which is funded by Sigrogana, but it hasn't really expanded outside of it.
3) No, technology does not allow for much more than being able to see them limitedly through telescopes or as small spheres during certain brief periods.
4) Since there's no official details of a star map, I would advise against it, though nothing is stopping players from doing so.

TorientalVortX Wrote:I've got a question personally in regards to the Shapeshifter class, we know that the Art of Shapeshifting seems to have existed for a decent while from some context within lore and otherwise, but out of curiosity, do we know how long from a lore standpoint that the art has existed since as well as how common the art really is from a commonplace standpoint?

As with most things, the general age of the art is not well known. It is not a very common thing in the context of the shapeshifter class, either. There are certainly tales of shapeshifting creatures that have been told for hundreds of years, however.

Miyuka Wrote:What would a Chimera's Third Eye see?

I ask mainly because it's technically a Spatial eye, which means it could have certain alien properties to it beyond just the mechanical attack. In a similar vein, are there any outstanding traits for the Chimeric mutations IC? Limitations of their Devour ability for people who maybe want to eat other creatures that don't have a mechanical racial trait and so on?

I would say that it functions similar to a regular eye that picks up starlight better than a normal one, so you would be able to see stars more clearly with it, or have a better 'night vision' outside if the sky is clear.

Skimmy2 Wrote:Does the Island of Wing from SL1 exist in SL2?
And if so, where?

Yes, and it exists to the east of Doraington, as you'd expect.

Turadis Wrote:From my understanding, Common is the native language of Sigrogana, and most other countries have their own native languages.

Assuming this is true, is it typical for a native of one of the other countries, such as Oniga or Chaturanga, to learn their native language before learning Common? Are there frequently citizens of these countries that never learn Common?

1) Yes, though Common is not poorly named because it is the language that has permeated through almost every culture and region.
2) I wouldn't say it's very frequent, but it's certainly possible.

Miller Wrote:Given the nature of a Homunculi's creation, is it possible to give them matching characteristics of another race as to closely match them?

IE: An Amalgama that looks like a Kaelensia with non-functional wings/animal ears/tail.

I don't think so. Generally it is more common for the Amalgama vessel to not have many details applied to it, than for it to be meticulously designed. Magic and the supernatural tend to fill in the missing parts.

Snake Wrote:Questions about gaps over the topic of Mutation in races that can mutate. There are more but I feel like asking only what I believe is the most important for now.

Amalgama:
1- Could Amalgama's souls have very minor influence on the body as they mutate? (I.E, an Amalgama who remembered a weakness to light to become a little more pale over time in response to it, remembering about a secret Amalgama spell makes a black arcane tatto develop on their arm over time, etc.)

Chimera:
2- Can Chimera retract and protrude their mutated appendages at will? (This is mostly related to me being a 4head and needing to eat on other monster corpses to restore HP/FP and ending up becoming a walking shambling abomination that completely broke my 'Shark-chimera' character.)

1) That would probably be within reason.
2) I don't think you could retract them completely, no. You could possibly 'minimize' them, by making them smaller than normal, or (for example) close the Spatial eye. That's just the nature of the Chimera.

GalacticSeal Wrote:What information would Albedo require or have of its members (for example, race, real name, aliases, passage papers, etc.)?

It's not an organization that requires much level of detail (and many of its members would likely prefer to be seclusive). Generally all they would require is that you have something to contribute to the collective and some level of confidence that you wouldn't betray its goals (for example, proving your loyalty to the cause by creating a homunculi).

SolAndLuna Wrote:Lore wise, what are the precise limits to spell stealing?

Obviously you can't keep any more spells than the places you have to store spells, but there's also other questions that come to mind.
Is it possible to steal a spell of the spellthief's choosing, assuming they know the spell is part of their target's repertoire? (I know that mechanically you can't, but I'm curious about the way it works in lore)
When using Snatch Spell, does it completely absorb the focus used for the spell if successful, regardless of the amount of power used for it, or are there specific limitations?
Is it possible to take multiple spells at a time or something of that nature under specific circumstances? (For example, sneaking up behing someone so they're caught off guard) If so, what sorts of conditions would have to be met for it?

1) Probably, if they knew somehow.
2) Yes.
3) If you're ripping the spells out of a spellbook, potentially. If stealing them through capturing the spell, no.

EenKogNeeto Wrote:My question is: how long the two of them (Chaturan and Karaten) have been in their alliance, Chaturan is stated to be very old and powerful, though Karatens lore is very sparse in this regard. Also, with Phobo beginning to cause problems, Albedo, and all of the recent event problems, is support for the alliance holding strong with the people?

On a small scale, I'm ultimately wondering how possible it is for a retired Black Knight to have experience fighting against either Karaten Magi or more likely Albedo operatives on the field of battle. And how old they would have to be in that case. Be it recent splinter groups/terrorists or whatever.

I will be fleshing out the details of the history of those two eventually, so I can't really give a definitive answer, but the alliance began after Chaturanga's more 'expansive'/war based history and when they established their declaration of neutrality, so anything on the main site wiki in the history sections are before this alliance. Yes, the alliance is still going strong.

I think it would be plenty possible.

Cerrik Wrote:Does Scrying magic, that being magic that allows one to spy on people over long distances via a magical aid (Such as a crystal ball) Exist in this setting? If so, does it require some part of the target's body, such as a lock of hair?

I won't say it doesn't exist at all, but it's not something that mages are aware of or are capable of utilizing at this time.