Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sidecut unleashed
I would go a step further. Dagger should be usable for all sword skills.

Or it should be usable with all base class skills (because all classes can equip daggers). Except maybe MA, because it calls out most of them as kicks.
Personally, I don't think making sidecut and silcut available to all weapon types to be the way to go. Both are pretty fantastic basic-attack mobility tools on their own, but making them universal undermines the uniqueness of them to me. Universal usage of both removes one of the few reasons to even consider Vent Petale as well, so I think that the weapon types that are compatible with them remain different.

My idea would be to make sidecut a sword skill usable by daggers, and silcut a spear skill usable by axes. Swords and daggers are quite similar to each other in the same way spears and axes are both polearm-type weapons, so it opens up more build options without killing the unique identity of the skills.
[Image: Rabbit.PNG]
[-] The following 2 users Like InsainArcaneBirdbrain's post:
  • Akame, JamOfBoy
(04-28-2021, 03:49 AM)InsainArcaneBirdbrain Wrote: Personally, I don't think making sidecut and silcut available to all weapon types to be the way to go. Both are pretty fantastic basic-attack mobility tools on their own, but making them universal undermines the uniqueness of them to me. Universal usage of both removes one of the few reasons to even consider Vent Petale as well, so I think that the weapon types that are compatible with them remain different.

My idea would be to make sidecut a sword skill usable by daggers, and silcut a spear skill usable by axes. Swords and daggers are quite similar to each other in the same way spears and axes are both polearm-type weapons, so it opens up more build options without killing the unique identity of the skills.
Both of those skills are so simplistic in their nature (a reflection on the design era of early sl2 ) that hold design space hostage.  Move in line and hit with basic attack is not something that should ever be unique to a single weapon type.

Vent petale is a absurd joke anyway. Ghost encourages axe+sword. Kensei punishes you for equpping a non katana (and there isn't a 5* katana to mutate into a spear), and firebird is 100% spear. Vent petale should be changed to 'equiping weapons of different types.
[-] The following 3 users Like Lolzytripd's post:
  • Autumn, Lolzytripd, Snake
I'unno, I don't really want to be hit by a 9 range sidecut from the dude with 50 scaled GUI using a Seiryuu tessen from across the map, conveniently placing them directly behind me, the position coveted by most Rogues (and by association, daggers).

I can see the argument for axes getting some love, but not daggers. The lack of mobility and range is supposed to be their limiting factor, and makes perfect sense. Dagger smol.
number 1 GTer EU
[-] The following 1 user Likes JamOfBoy's post:
  • Akame
Though if we're going with that argument, Axes shouldn't be able to be used by either given they're heavy and end up doing more damage than daggers anyway.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Universal Sidecut and Silcut.
Vent petale bonus for dual wielding different weapons among swords axes spears and daggers.
Crystal Rose and Cyclone Spear universal, but rename cyclone spear. Boom, done, Duelist is fun again.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
Disagreed on these two skills, only Sidecut and Silcut need it.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]