Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Badlands Brawl
Name: Manny O'Niel

Do you have your arena book?: Yes, don't worry.

How do you like to fight?(Optional): Shreddin' out.

Is there anything you want to say to the staff or your opponents?(Optional): Nope, I hope everyone has fun at the arena!

(OOC)What information, if any, could the staff of the Arena have heard about your character in rumors?(Optional): They'll have heard about his unique fighting style of dual wielding electric guitars, one for long range and one to use up in someone's face. He's also one of the people to have defeated Scavenger and has fought Black Falcon since they came back. He either does really well in a fight or is fighting tooth and nail to have a chance.
Name: Abilene Caito

Do you have your arena book: I'd be worried if I didn't

How do you like to fight?: Bringing down the thunder.

Is there anything you want to say to the staff or your opponents?: Keep it clean, and have fun. This will prove to be a learning experience for all.

OOC Info: Anyone who's been around the Badlands Arena for any length of time have heard about a certain pink-haired Leporidae who visits the establishment nearly daily. A master of fulgurmancy, she's a bit of sparring addict who's gained a decent amount of notoriety around the place for how fast she can drop unprepared opponents.
[Image: Rabbit.PNG]
Name: Ai (Note) Nota

Do you have your arena book?: Indeed!

How do you like to fight? (Optional): Electric and Precise.

Is there anything you want to say to the staff or your opponents? (Optional): Good luck!

(OOC) What information, if any, could the staff of the Arena have heard about your character in rumors? (Optional): Three main things come to mind, mainly being:
1. Second Guitarist/Pianist of Man-Tah-Ray
2. Active opposition against Black Falcon.
3. A part of the team responsible for taking down Scavenger.
Name: Rachel

Do you have your arena book?: Good question

How do you like to fight?(Optional): Like... With a bat? Mean but only enough to ruin your day like hitting your toe.

Is there anything you want to say to the staff or your opponents?(Optional): Give me money

(OOC)What information, if any, could the staff of the Arena have heard about your character in rumors?(Optional): Member of a mercenary group that defended Voilegard. Despite not being an official adventurer she's still somewhat capable albeit with various stamina problems. Watch out for the one who murders with bottle tosses.
[Image: tumblr_p8bmjgZdqv1qc5j12o1_400.gif]
[Image: 182.gif]
Name: Likho Morrigan

Do you have your arena book?: Of course.

How do you like to fight?(Optional): Traps and Tricks

Is there anything you want to say to the staff or your opponents?(Optional): Let's bring out the best in each other, maybe learn somethin' eh?

(OOC)What information, if any, could the staff of the Arena have heard about your character in rumors?(Optional): This mischievous mage enjoys spending time at the Arena to both watch and spar alike. She's not at all strong, however her strengths lie elsewhere.
[Image: tqHrv9C.gif]
Name: Sozin Alexavier Juda

Do you have your arena book?: Yes

How do you like to fight?(Optional): BURN IT DOWN!!!

Is there anything you want to say to the staff or your opponents?(Optional): Fight with honor, I'll do the same.

(OOC)What information, if any, could the staff of the Arena have heard about your character in rumors?(Optional): Student of James Du Lac, and Lion Heart in training. Not a fan of fighting Grand Summoners, but it is what it is.
Name: Lin Qingyu

Do you have your arena book?: Of course.

How do you like to fight?: Hitting things with a stick.

Is there anything you want to say to the staff or your opponents?: If you use hexes or poison, I /will/ probably scream at you in advance. No hard feelings.

(OOC)What information, if any, could the staff of the Arena have heard about your character in rumors?: There's a certain tree dwelling, green-haired, unga-bunga girl leaping around everywhere from time to time. Rumored part of the "stick gang" and the "tree gang."
Name: Pallavi

Do you have your arena book?: Yes

How do you like to fight?(Optional): Sword, Sword, Sword, Darkness

Is there anything you want to say to the staff or your opponents?(Optional): I cannot speak verbally, so if I do not respond, please do not take it personally.

(OOC)What information, if any, could the staff of the Arena have heard about your character in rumors?(Optional): A Lupine of ambiguous gender that has yet to really reach any sort of notoriety aside from being an arena head.
We've got a full sixteen signed up, and of everyone signed up, I haven't heard of anyone needing to drop yet.  We got a brawl in the making!

Later today, May 8th, 11:30 PST (2:30 EST) is the start of the event.  I look forward to seeing everyone there!

Reminder to vendors;  We are paying out four thousand murai in total to anyone willing to come out to the Badlands Arena and sell their wares.  Currently, we've got a woodworker and a chef coming out to sell to everyone arena-going!

Feel free to get a sneak peek at the bracket here.  https://challonge.com/BadlandsBrawl

The seeds'll be shuffled prior to the event start, so don't think to use this as planning against your opponent.

Lastly:  We had a concern come up about Void Elixir not being explicitly banned.  Void Elixir is banned under use of void magic, and will be called out by any referees that spot it to a guard right away, and will end in not only a disqualification, but potentially legal repercussions.  So no need to worry about that!

See you all there later today.
THE TOURNAMENT IS COMPLETED!

The Badlands Brawl has concluded!  Through all sorts of surprises, combatants held strong and fought their best.  Some highlights include a sketchy, unofficial vendor coming to peddle salad in the stands, and a combatant feeling a surge of invigoration(leveling up) in the middle of a battle, nearly turning their fight around!

Your champion is Haru Runeborn, a Rune Magician and Engineer played by Kunai!  Haru showed indomitability, in both might and attitude, against all foes.  At the end of each fight, they offered a hand in sportsmanship.

Jack Jackson and the tournament staff are proud of everyone for the sportsmanship shown today, and look forward to the next time a good tussle like this can be held.

[Image: dab0106250c815069fcca88d58767383-png.jpg]

The badlands always welcome those looking to hone their skills.  Drop on by if you're looking to rumble!