Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Party Chat
Hello everyone.

Kiss here to bring you another fabled, world wide, and positively ground breaking suggestion.

Party chat.

With the new system of Party movement (Which I adore btw) having anew mode of chatting to your party would help with a lot of OOC and perhaps even IC issues. For one its much harder to communicate on an OOC level with your party. But it can also be used for IC conversations, why not right? How it works isnt what im suggesting here, I just think it should work like the 'Guild' chat but yknow, without your BYOND key names because...Yeah.

And there you have it, feel free to whip up whatever you guys want in the replies and give your own suggestion for improvements or how it would actually work.
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=18750966]
[-] The following 3 users Like Kiss's post:
  • Fern, ItsWanderlust, Snake
I've seen this in some BYOND RPGs, actually. I think it's going to be very useful when you party with people that you don't have added in a chatting program (I.E Discord) because of the new free party movement.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fern's post:
  • Kiss
Nani masaka bakana!? This is really mind-blowing, so I'll take your entire stock.

+1
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake's post:
  • Kiss
Hm I like the idea, though question, do you think it would be IC or OOC?

We could flavor it as like, local communication using the laplace oracle cards.
"Let's agree to be friends!"
[-] The following 1 user Likes Raydon1206's post:
  • Kiss
I would rather it be an OOC chat more than anything, if there is a concern with wanting to talk to your party members in a fight privately in IC, then whisper/wemote should be changed to not apply battle-wide.

But there is a certain barrier that is torn down when party chat becomes IC (As why would I not be able to hear someone despite standing directly next to them)

I also predict a party chat would assist in relaying information such as letters/notes/event details to 1 person, without necessarily spoiling those details to the rest of the group, it would also make party co-ordination in teamfights not heavily skewed by who discords eachother or not.

And of course, it helps us when trying to gather party members to leave an area.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Autumn's post:
  • Kiss
To my understanding the opening speaks of an OOC party chat, but I think it should be strictly OOC due to the reason that the objective of it is player communication more so than anything (and well, there isn't a sensible in-lore way to justify an IC party chat as far as I'm aware...)
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fern's post:
  • Kiss
(05-28-2021, 08:39 PM)Fern Wrote: To my understanding the opening speaks of an OOC party chat, but I think it should be strictly OOC due to the reason that the objective of it is player communication more so than anything (and well, there isn't a sensible in-lore way to justify an IC party chat as far as I'm aware...)

Mostly agree but you could flavor it as using your LP PDA as an instant messager. it supposedly can send messages.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kiranis's post:
  • Kiss
For further clarification on the thread.

The general point for Party Chat would be OOC strictly.

Things like Lapnet messaging would have to be another thread entirely.

Although the CLOEST thing we would compare it too would be how messaging in SS13 works. Taking out your Lapnet, seeing the person you want to message and sending them a little boop.
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=18750966]
Thing is, with LaPlace messages are not so "instantaneous" as we have irl nowadays. The comparison of that is similar to using SL2 IC forums to send messages to your friends with a really, really bad internet.

It's like that. Public, monitored and slow. This has been answered in Lore Questions a long ass ago.

Anyway, party chat would probably only see use for me in situations where I'd ask my teammates to gather for the party formation toggle, or after we're done with the ritual part of those new BDPs.

I'd name it WLOOC or PLOOC for a verb.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]