Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turn Order Bug (v.2.45c)
As the title says, this Bug has been an immense issue for all party's of the game. At this point I forget when its originated, probably when the turn orders got reworked.

As far as I can tell from experience alone, as the game continues to update the worse and more common this bug seems to appear. This bug has been reported many times with the same response of 'we need more reliable test-cases'.

The thing is, there's only one thing we actually can do, join a persons party and seems to be most common joining a party while during an action (This includes the players OR the enemies). This is why this happens the most in Black Beast attacks and the Necromancer. Multiple enemies doing multiple actions- It is during that moment when the turn order seems to just break.

Hell sometimes it just HAPPENS when you're holding your turn for a friend and they join, perhaps the act of holding out your attack also triggers it?

All I know is that its starting to become more and more apparent with the only fix to it being after the battle finishes, you wait the 'still visible' turn order?

This bug has been reported before by my friends Fern and Drezdin (And probably more but I didn't want to look back through 7 pages), which date extremely far back (Last Year). However instead of bumping their threads instead I wanted to bring more awareness to it by created another bug report.

If anyone else who has tested, or has more knowledge on the testing- Do give your say.
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=18750966]
[-] The following 4 users Like Kiss's post:
  • Aegis, ItsWanderlust, NICC, Snake
I have a hunch. Dev had optimized the "battle speed" ages ago, as in... Damage happens simultaneously to everyone as fast as possible, instead of what we had which made the game wait a bit while processing each instance of damage individually. This might be related, since you're adding a sudden party member or enemy in the middle of a turn's processing, which causes the game to become confused as of whose turn is it.

I do believe a good band-aid is to make whoever joins the fight in the middle of a round, until the start of the next round:
Quote:"On Their Way!" buff, which cannot be stolen nor copied by any means.

- Gain 100% Damage Reduction, +1000 Evade, Critical Evade and Status Resistance while this status is active.
- Set Momentum to 0, and become unable to gain any Momentum (or take a turn) while this status is active.
- Become untargetable by allies and enemies while this status is active.
- Delay their "On Battle Start" effects only happen on the start of the next turn (such as Katana Mastery, Auto Enchant, Auto Summon, etc).

This way it gives the game time to sort itself and acknowledge someone joined the fight, and automatically sort itself as usual.

That aside? It could also be tied to the bug with Nevarious Riff, where an animation is not really clicking with how turn progresses around, which allowed people who are distant to still take their turn after the second Nevarious Riff cast. It was definitely not Nevarious Riff's fault, but Turns being way too "fast" for animations to keep up, I believe. What if same doesn't happen to players?
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
This topic doesn't even describe the bug or link the old bug report topics that does. Please do so, or else there isn't much I can do.
Alright, since I faced this before. I might be able to help identify to remove the bug by following these steps.
(Though I am not a good explainer, but you should be able to solve it yourself hopefully)

>Request to Join in Mid Battle or during someone's turn Like during an enemy/ally's attack animation attack. Or before a round starts

Effect:
It will then assumed that everyone did their turns already and then skipped to another Round like a example shown below

>Some Random Character Joins the battle in the middle of the Transition of the Round
Round 1
>Round 2
Enemy A Turn.

Etc, Etc. With the bug itself.

But if someone wants me to help clarify the bug better than me. Then go ahead.
Edit: Nvm, guess I am too slow.
[Image: b69d8dc830a1a6b64ce233e92b2e79c9.png]
[Image: bc307a682fc5f9d2b0a5c0de4dc3aa90.png]
[Image: 5441207b804d39be46ea2d5f9d73eff7.png]
https://neus-projects.net/forums/showthr...p?tid=7559
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=18750966]