Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connor - Character Ability
Applicable BYOND Key - Finding Paradise

Character Name - Connor
Request Type - Character Abilities

Request Details - To start off, Connor is an Amalgama with six souls. I have multiple requests for him.

1) A constant warmth coming out from the guy's body, caused by spooky spiritual magic. He is also naturally vulnerable to the cold. (Virtue of Mared Flamilia and Mars Badge/Nerhaven enchantment)
2) Stronker and more intense fire, turning into a mix of white, black and blue the more it keeps going. Spiritual by nature. Perhaps also varying with emotions. (From Salamander Sword and Mared Flamilia and Devilia)
3a) This one is just me interpreting DAHKNESS, and a long shot. What about the ability to create solid shadows through Mared Devilia? i.e. instead of being a blast of dark energy, it's focused instead to creating constructs?
3b) Would it also be out of the question to be able to cloak himself with Mared Devilia? Just wrapping himself in shadows. And becoming a silhouette. 
4) The ability to ingest blood, and perhaps other things like small rocks, from the way he was made by his creator.

Reason why you are making this request (if applicable) - Uhh other than it being cool I'd also like to have an interesting angle to roleplay certain aspects of my character. 

Roleplay & Lore supporting your request - Connor is an Amalgama with six souls. He naturally has a high aptitude to fire and dahkness, and has leaned into said abilities to help him in combat for a long while now. (At least a handful of months of RP)

He has been and will continue to focus on improving his Amalgama-borne abilities as time goes on. He is technically a Hyattr/Salamandra lite in the way his Amalgama abilities rolled(30% fire resist, 30% wind weakness, 30% ice weakness from a badge, 30% burn resist).
I forgot my last account's password. Oops.
I'll respond to your requests by the number.

1) This is fine

2) This is fine as long as you're still roleplaying it as 'fire'.

3a) What kind of abilities and things would you be able to do with 'Solid Shadows'. And what do you mean by constructs?

We've had people try to RP youkai as not youkai in the past by the way using 'Shadows' (ETC) which is not okay just so you know.

3b) If you want to use it as a stealth ability, probably not. Don't steal away the unpopular Umbral race gimmick! If you just want to use it to be spooky but highly visible then sure.

4) Sure eat whatever you want if thats just it. If you mean you get powers from eating things like a chimera lite then no.
[Image: tenor.gif]
(06-18-2021, 09:31 AM)K Peculier Wrote: I'll respond to your requests by the number.

1) This is fine

2) This is fine as long as you're still roleplaying it as 'fire'.

3a) What kind of abilities and things would you be able to do with 'Solid Shadows'. And what do you mean by constructs?

We've had people try to RP youkai as not youkai in the past by the way using 'Shadows' (ETC) which is not okay just so you know.

3b) If you want to use it as a stealth ability, probably not. Don't steal away the unpopular Umbral race gimmick! If you just want to use it to be spooky but highly visible then sure.

4) Sure eat whatever you want if thats just it. If you mean you get powers from eating things like a chimera lite then no.

1) Blessed! Thank you!

2) It is in fact still fire!

3a) Nothing sentient like that, I assure you! Constructs as in... a wall of solid shadow/dahkness, or a blade of pure darkness. Or balls. Shapes basically. Or just to wrap shadows around something... which leads to...

3b) This question! It wouldn't necessarily be complete stealth. It would just be wrapping something with shadows/darkness completely. It's not completely disappearing like Umbrals, where their body just doesn't exist. A better example would be....

[Image: latest.png]

4) Nothing like chimeras, no! Just eating rocks like an idiot.
3a + 3b)There's nothing in the game currently that would suggest total shadow manipulation really exists outside of attacking someone with a darkness based attack. The closest you'd get to wrapping shadows would be using some form of void energy.

So if you were hoping to basically use void assassin abilities without using the void you're out of luck.

4) Thats fine, rock cereal for you.
(06-18-2021, 09:57 AM)K Peculier Wrote: 3a + 3b)There's nothing in the game currently that would suggest total shadow manipulation really exists outside of attacking someone with a darkness based attack. The closest you'd get to wrapping shadows would be using some form of void energy.

So if you were hoping to basically use void assassin abilities without using the void you're out of luck.

4) Thats fine, rock cereal for you.

3) So to clarify! I can just say, uh... be able to form shapes with darkness energy that hurts, yeah? Like, I can make a square and toss it at someone, or a shuriken or a ball. Just for more clarification's sake would these also have shadows i.e. if I make a ball would it cast a shadow on the ground too? No supportive abilities whatsoever, just offensive.

4) Nomnom.
3) Sure you can form the shape of it for fluff and combat RP, but its mainly always going to be offensive in nature.
(06-18-2021, 10:04 AM)K Peculier Wrote: 3) Sure you can form the shape of it for fluff and combat RP, but its mainly always going to be offensive in nature.

Roger that! That's all I wanted for now. Thank you! 

[Image: catte.jpg]