Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Style Sheet Bombing
As much as I am for customization, there's a problem with CSS sheets. Text outlines can be used to bomb other players at little risk to the bomber.

Having a text outline of...
-dm-text-outline:90001px blue;
...froze my computer for ten seconds.

Having a text outline with one more zero...
-dm-text-outline:900001px blue;
...froze my computer for four minutes, and a friend for one minute.

Basically, if you have a good enough PC you can ride out the initial freezing time, save your profile, and then windows will- as long as you stay logged in- will not lag you again, even if you exit your profile and go back in. So you could walk into somewhere public with a really rad character sprite and clear out the area as everyone either reboots their PC or waits out minute-long lag.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sawrock's post:
  • HaTeD
This has actually been reported to Dev before this update, but the response given was along the lines of.

'It's fine to use -dm-text-outline as long as no one abuses it."

So yeah, if someone does this, it'd likely be met with punishment if reported or worse, -dm-text-outline gets removed entirely or restricted.
I'd rather the latter. You can't even verify if someone's profile is fucked up unless you crash yourself. A GM would either have to go off of hearsay or risk having their computer locked up for 5+ minutes while some jackass decides to do something mean now that he's wiped out the GM.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sawrock's post:
  • Miller
I mean, we got 4 more GMs and pretty much the entirety of the player base who will be EXTREMELY upset at mister fuckface who thought it'd be a funny idea to do that fo-da-lulz.

Since by doing it, we're -all- at the risk of losing access to such a cool feature.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake's post:
  • Miller
Ideally if it's even possible to restrict rather than outright disable, I'd just wanna see a limit on how big the number will go. Though no idea if that's even simple.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
[-] The following 2 users Like WaifuApple's post:
  • Miller, Sawrock