Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Chimera] Digi-Devolving
Chimera's are in a weird spot where if you make an accident or two while consuming remains/evolving to get traits; you may end up having a slip up and consume something that you didn't intend for your character.

Would it be possible for Chimeras to get a fruit or LE option to remove specific evolution traits a player does not want?

It may detract from the theme of the race a bit, but it's possible to accidently consume the wrong remains and end up with passives you didn't intend for your character to begin with.
[-] The following 3 users Like Miller's post:
  • Autumn, Fern, Snake
I think spending a legend ink to remove certain traits is more than fair for chimera, you could easily plant it under the race section. Especially since it gets in the way of certain actions and can even be accidental in some cases.

Such as with trying to obtain Dragon Remains, only a specific type of Gigas Rex drops those down below the manor, and maybe if you're not paying attention you could irreversibly eat Accursed Remains and gain a permanent holy weakness for it.

Or when attempting to repurpose a character, maybe you don't want those space eyes anymore.

Otherwise a fruit is fine too.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Autumn's post:
  • Miller
I think I posted something like it before, whatever happened to it (i forgot-) but...

Fruit of Devolution would be a treat, mostly in cases where your Chimera dies ICly and you want to start another without certain parts that fit your playby. (Since I asked if a 'Chimera could fully retract their parts', and the answer was 'no'. It was mostly due to this reason. So either a fruit, or a retcon over this lore fact to make it so a 'Chimera can shapeshift their extra appendages at will, in combat and out of it', would fix my personal problem with the race atm.)

And I also remember asking for a Trait where you're unable to evolve through eating, basically a roleplay trait that stops you from obtaining mutations, so you can go out there and be a villainous weirdo that eats monsters for fun, without botching your character's playby. Get it?

And finally? Let's be real. It's -impossible- to find a good face that has Dragon Wings, Insect Legs, Three Eyes, Claws of the Damned, Frost Wyvern's Feet.... you get me. It irks me so much.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Snake's post:
  • Miller, tinypause