Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kaizer Vengray - A Man With History
Applicable BYOND Key - Polkjm
Character Name - Kaizer Vengray (Scarred Warrior)
Request Type - Vampire Age + Special Power + A big of a historical thing
Request Details -  
There are three things I have in mind for this character
The first is that Kaizer is a very old vampire and knows how to survive as one. I would like him to be about 600 years old, but I'd love some feedback on what would work well for the timeline I have in mind.
The second is that Kaizer has been perpetrating a tradition where he pretends to be different people at different times through history by using dark magic to slightly alter his facial features (more on that subject in the lore section). I'd like to apply for his particular brand of ancient dark magic to be a legit thing that can allow him to alter exclusively his general facial features. This would be minor and not extend to other people or other parts of his body, only allowing him to hide his identity, provided he also changes the rest of his appearance through disguise and other means. The power requires him to be freshly empowered by having drank the blood of a person and takes about 15 minutes to perform, uninterrupted in the dark.
The third is that a historical event occured 550 years ago after a war between chaturanga and sigrogana, known as the Mignight Murders, where 31 war veterans were killed in a brutal manner during their sleep, over the course of 40 years.

Reason why you are making this request (if applicable) -
So the entire point of Kaizer as a character is to be a somewhat more traditional but nonetheless grand villain. He would be what any vampire would hope to be - manipulative, secretive, safe, and well-fed. The ultimate goal of the character would be to get eventually found out by heroes after a long time of mingling with others. He is charismatic, friendly, wise, and easily gains people's trust, then eventually drinks of their blood in the most safe scenarios possible, hopefully all of his own design. So how would he get caught? Well, I have a plan for that. It is related to a mixture of his hubris, complacency and profound exhaustion with existence.

In the end I hope for him to be an interesting and fun villain that eventually gets vanquished in a fun event where many can participate.

Roleplay & Lore supporting your request -

Once a chataran fighting as a knight-mercenary for Chaturanga for decades, he lost his family in a war against the Empire, long before their lands on Sigrogana were taken. The man, no longer very young, sought any mean to take revenge on those who raided his home village where his family resided. A very patient man from the start, he went for the long con. His search led him to Karaten, where he dedicated much of his time to learning about dark magic in order to exact his revenge with subterfuge and brutality. Indeed, the mortal Kaizer was thirsty for vengeance and this hatred festered inside of him for years while he planned it out.
A certain man in Karaten aided him in his quest for this particular style of magic - one to infiltrate the empire and inflict cruelty upon his family's killers. The man offered such a service in exchange for a simple thing: measures of his blood. Non-dangerous, clean. After learning of the identities of them through his already very thorough use of connections and intel gathering methods, he finally exacted his plan of revenge. On a fateful night in the Cellsvich of 550 years ago, a single man was carefully executed in an excessively bloody display, inside of their own home, at midnight. By then, the war was long over... But not for Kaizer. There were still many, many more on the list. And each of them needed to be a flawless murder, which took time to prepare...
Already old, the weary Vengray saw before him his careful, calculated, perfect and insane master plan had a flaw: time. Indeed, with the pace he was going, he would never be able to inflict sufficient cruelty upon those who deserved it. He once again sought help from the dark mage from Karaten, who spoke of a way... A deal, perhaps. A contract with the vampire, and a few liters that had to exchange hands in order for Kaizer to obtain all the time in the world he needed to exact his flawless vengeance.
And one could say the rest is history... Kaizer obtained vampirism at the cost of inordinate bloodshed, and for it, was rewarded with enough time to go through his list, his heart peaceful, chasing each of them down even as they grew to old age, until he made a display of them all. 

When his goal was complete, Vengray had certainly grown cold to the suffering of man, great apathy washing over him. He simply decided to keep living as a vampire with a wavering conviction: to drink from those who deserve it.

Over the years, this conviction dwindled into deeper apathy, and after a couple centuries, narcissism. He grew bored of humans and their antics and sought other pleasures, changing his identity not just to be hidden but also to approach others in different ways. He grew to enjoy learning about others and their unique perspectives, and desired to see more facets of people and more unique people. After his mentor, who organized the pact to turn him, tragically died by the hands of the Sun's Ichor, he swore to live older than him out of a mixture of dread and pride. He made every effort to hide from them during those days, and has been extremely careful since. In all his years, Kaizer was also a very prolific vampire creator, believing it to be a very "pleasant thing" to see another vampire emerge. Anything to dull the pain and boredom of immortality...

But nothing could dull the pain of grief... After all, revenge did not take away his grief for the loss of his family. Immortality did not take away his grief, his scars, and his remorse. Over the years he grew more and more regretful of his actions towards the 32 men of the Empire... What was the point of it all, when war does nothing but rage, people do nothing but die in droves, and history only keeps repeating? What is the point of all this cruelty... Ah, how it eats away...

And ah, how he eats away...
At others... At himself...
Alright first of all. I recommend you go on a deep lore dive reading spree first as  there are bunch of stuff in here that is just made up lore. I will tackle your requests one by one and explain though I won't lore dump everything in here save links to some pages.

USEFUL PAGES TO READ: https://neus-projects.net/wiki/index.php/Vampire https://sl2.fandom.com/wiki/Vampire https://sl2.fandom.com/wiki/Heaven's_Contention
https://sl2.fandom.com/wiki/The_Enlightenment https://neus-projects.net/wiki/index.php/Gods https://neus-projects.net/sl2lore.txt

Quote:"The first is that Kaizer is a very old vampire and knows how to survive as one. I would like him to be about 600 years old, but I'd love some feedback on what would work well for the timeline I have in mind."

1. The timeline of recorded civilization starts from 0 within the in-game time records. Which is why vampires at 300+ years old have to apply since you'd literally be a vampire from the start of civilization.

Quote:The second is that Kaizer has been perpetrating a tradition where he pretends to be different people at different times through history by using dark magic to slightly alter his facial features (more on that subject in the lore section). I'd like to apply for his particular brand of ancient dark magic to be a legit thing that can allow him to alter exclusively his general facial features. This would be minor and not extend to other people or other parts of his body, only allowing him to hide his identity, provided he also changes the rest of his appearance through disguise and other means. The power requires him to be freshly empowered by having drank the blood of a person and takes about 15 minutes to perform, uninterrupted in the dark.

2. Dark magic isn't actually the right 'domain' for illusions meant to trick the eyes and senses. At most you'd disfigure yourself by smashing your face with whatever dark magic you have. Ancient dark magic is also far too convenient and grand for virtually no drawback. The most powerful 'dark' magics available to everyone would be Void Magic which runs the risk of void poisoning and in exchange for more unique powers of obscuring/healing.

If you want to disguise yourself temporarily you'll have to use normal illusion magics or the good old full mask/helmet. Physically disfiguring yourself outside of using the void, you'll eventually heal and revert back to your most 'prime' condition as a vampire.

Quote:"The third is that a historical event occured 550 years ago after a war between chaturanga and sigrogana, known as the Mignight Murders, where 31 war veterans were killed in a brutal manner during their sleep, over the course of 40 years."

3. Chaturanga and Sigrogana haven't even existed as proper warfaring nations yet and even then I'd have to say no because an ancient Vampire has much better things to scheme and do than murder a bunch of soldiers in their sleep. If you want to play a newly turned antagonistic vampire who does this in the current timeline, you're completely free to attempt so however.

If your goal is to make a fun and interesting villain. I HEAVILY SUGGEST starting at a more younger vampire age. Living around the era where Sun's Ichor was active is probably a much better point and then building your story and reasons for being/doing what you do versus getting some unexplainable power from some otherwordly source.

You will find your story and character much, much more rewarding to play if you started small and worked your way to infamy/power vs already having it all. Once you figure out a general plan that you want to go through, you can contact an Eventmin to set up a stage for you to start antagonistic actions (Necromancy, Thralls, Etc).

tldr; This request is a no for now until you rework many things or start a new one with a different concept.
[Image: tenor.gif]
Thank you for this detailed information, sorry I wasn't prepared enough for such an app. I'll rethink the character and make him less old and abandon the idea for the power. As such, he won't need an app. Thanks again for the reply