Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Katana Diversity Scaling Suggestion.
The current Katana's suffer from a lack of diversity, and for some of the elemental katana's a disincentive to even build their respective elemental attack related stat.

Raijin, Tarnada and Braver are good examples on how katana's can attain proper diversity.

Due to the lack of a Acid Scaling tagI'm going to suggest that Sanjin Gain the Cunning tag Alongside or as a replacement to its finesse tag.

To Differentiate Sogensara from Yukijin I suggest one get the Cold Tag, while the other Retains the finesse and gains the cold tag in addition.

For the Kouenjin I suggest It gains the Fire tag in addition to the Finesse tag.

For Wo dao I suggest it remain Finesse or Gain the cunning tag.

For hisen I suggest it changed to scale mainstat Guile or gain the cunning tag.

This would promote each katana to build its element and differentiate them from each other.
[-] The following 2 users Like Lolzytripd's post:
  • Fern, Tanasinn
i wouldn't mind most of this

"For hisen I suggest it changed to scale mainstat Guile or gain the cunning tag"
This however, No. If it's mainstat was Guile, You'd see people slapping on Eye of divinity to counter its measly durability, while slapping 60+ points into guile while having 0 str investment. Thats basically 40 whole stat points you could then put into better stats, like better, cel/def/res/vit while sacrificing no damage and having a higher crit. Just no.
(08-24-2021, 06:27 PM)Yashatari Wrote: i wouldn't mind most of this

"For hisen I suggest it changed to scale mainstat Guile or gain the cunning tag"
This however, No. If it's mainstat was Guile, You'd see people slapping on Eye of divinity to counter its measly durability, while slapping 60+ points into guile while having 0 str investment. Thats basically 40 whole stat points you could then put into better stats, like better, cel/def/res/vit while sacrificing no damage and having a higher crit. Just no.
So what's your opinion on daggers then currently?

I guess that's a fair opinion on the current disparity of strength and guile (where guile is a mandatory tax on strength based basic attacking crit builds)

But yeah I would still accept a Finesse+cunning mainstat strength hisen, as it would still be somewhat different scaling from its contemporary the wodao.

My opinion on the matter is https://neus-projects.net/forums/showthr...p?tid=8257
daggers have always been weak my dude, Why do you think Dev added a dagger with 150% scaling?
They have practically no mobility skills either, Its base tree is just traps and winds. How are you supposed to get that back stab bonus? You gotta waste 3m to move, Then stab. Or you pair it with something from VA's tree that moves you. hanging is unreliable to get to the backside. Theres just so many downsides to using them, They're only redeeming factor is their high crit damage, Which need i remind you is 100% worthless against a lich, and practically non existant against a dullahan. Both of which also counter duelist.

Daggers scaling off of a more optimal stat makes daggers on par with swords WITHOUT needing to have 150% scaling.
I'd once again like to ask for a review of the Finesse tag and for it to be made equal to other tags -30/+40 and for the elemental katanas be changed to, or gain their element's tag.