Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eternal flame (of suffering)
Eternal flame is a relic of the past, its balanced around being a 3m guzzler when subclassed.

The problem is no other class has this sort of tax (and for what benefit?)

Imagine if you had to spend 3m to prime  Thunderdrive, Chimera stance, voidveil, Kensei passives, ect.

what I suggest is that it simply be changed to a passive, no activation required ever. If that is somehow too strong, just make the Circle's aoe Reduced size if subclassed (the buff range, not the aoe for the cast)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lolzytripd's post:
  • Shujin
I agree that the passive stuff is a relic. Lantern Bearer doesn't offer jack much as a main class, nothing for spears, nothing for healing, no gimmicks. It's not worth being main classed, and the only reason it is, is because Eternal Flame puts a gun on us and demands us to main class or be at a heavy over-time momentum deficiency. (Which is very, very critical, especially when the opponent can knockdown and etc.)

I like the change proposed, but I'd prefer it being adjusted this way:

- The passive effect works, regardless if Lantern Bearer is your main class, or subclass. (Perhaps halved effectiveness if subclass?)
- The active effect is changed to: "For 5 rounds, damage and infliction for Lantern Bearer spells is doubled and they also ignore Silence, but taking "elemental neutrality" damage reduces the duration by 1 round."

Elemental Neutrality would be a term for the opposite element of your lantern.
Fire loses to Water.
Water loses to Lightning.
Lightning loses to Fire.

Earth loses to Water.
Water loses to Ice.
Ice loses to Wind.
Wind loses to Earth.

Light loses to Darkness.
Darkness loses to Light.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Snake's post:
  • Ace, Shadbase
Make eternal flame the innate it is, and give main class LBs some sort of utility skill, like being able to move an ally around within their lantern range for instance. But really, LB needs a stronger identity.

For instance, your flame grows stronger every round it remains the same, but switching also gives you a stacking buff to the cast damage, giving LBs a choice of playstyle with payoff
[-] The following 1 user Likes Poruku's post:
  • Ace