Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[Edit] Remove crafting fees in general
Could we please waive the crafting fee or tax for the portable crafting tables?

My reasoning is because they cost asagorians, and even though it's not much (like, what? 100?), the murai cost is still exceptionally high for those that do a lot of crafting.

---------------------------------
[EDIT] 

Original title: Waive crafting fee for portable crafting tables

My original take was perhaps not the best, so I am changing the thread title as well as my stance on this to better reflect something more beneficial for the server. That is to say, I would love for crafting fees to be removed entirely -- as I've stated later on in this discussion. However, I'm keeping the original title, as well as my original post, for the record's sake.
[Image: unknown.png]
[-] The following 9 users Like KitKatarine's post:
  • Balor, Dystopia, FatherCrixius, Fern, K Peculier, Kiss, Mewni, Miller, Shadbase
I'd say half, but then any boon these get would enter the p2w territory. No offense, but I think Asagorian items are more a small thank you from Dev for the donation, rather than something you must have to gain an advantage over another player.

BUT, tbh this is a problem with crafting in general and I'd want the fees halved globally.

This completely ruins the attempt of :newplayers: while the oldbies sit at the top without care.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
(08-27-2021, 08:43 PM)Snake Wrote: I'd say half, but then any boon these get would enter the p2w territory. No offense, but I think Asagorian items are more a small thank you from Dev for the donation, rather than something you must have to gain an advantage over another player.

BUT, tbh this is a problem with crafting in general and I'd want the fees halved globally.

This completely ruins the attempt of :newplayers: while the oldbies sit at the top without care.

I would respectfully disagree. 

They aren't a small thank you. You pay real money to get the Asagorians - albeit a donation, but still. It's an exchange. It's the same with buying a house ticket to get a spot on the server. You're paying for that item to be used. 

Additionally, I wouldn't say it is p2w so much as it is a convenience thing. And since anyone can donate with real money, it shouldn't lock out new players.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KitKatarine's post:
  • Mewni
I don't see how you could see this as not p2w, it's literally getting you a murai advantage. It's not like the teleport pass where the fee is really minor, people who craft a lot (things like seeds especially) will really want that to save a lot of money.

I don't feel it's warranted, you're getting the convenience of the portability already
(08-29-2021, 03:24 PM)Poruku Wrote: I don't see how you could see this as not p2w, it's literally getting you a murai advantage. It's not like the teleport pass where the fee is really minor, people who craft a lot (things like seeds especially) will really want that to save a lot of money.

I don't feel it's warranted, you're getting the convenience of the portability already

Consider the Brain Food. That is more of a p2w than what I am suggesting, as the brainfood gives you the experience boost. 
And /yes/ that's what I am getting at. People that craft a lot don't want to throw away a huge chunk of their murai to the aether, when it could be spent buying ingredients, or putting it towards other stuff.
Murai, afaik, is really only used to buy stuff from player shops (and I think even then those purchases are ALSO taxed, but I could be wrong), and for those of us who are REALLY trying to save up murai, its a bit disheartening just yeeting 3000-3500 murai every time I craft a bunch of shit at once.

P2W would be like unlocking BK (or any other class) with Asagos.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KitKatarine's post:
  • Mewni
Why not just remove taxes in general?
[-] The following 3 users Like RedtailPinny's post:
  • KitKatarine, Mewni, Shadbase
Crafting taxes are incredibly toxic if you plan on mass-crafting something. Be it a low rarity item, food, potions and what-not. You're tossing what KitKaterine said above when you already work to get the materials to craft said items, why get even more punished at Murai?

I'd be fine to keep taxes in equipments since those would make sense to have and it's not exactly mass produced, but consumable things such as potions, food and seed? That's way too much.

Easily one of the worst changes to come with the crafting system. I'd rather use Stamina to craft stuff again.
[-] The following 7 users Like Lonestar's post:
  • Akame, Balor, Dystopia, KitKatarine, Mewni, Shadbase, Snake
I don't have a nuanced take on this. All I came to say is taxes are bad, and having to pay them even on an item I bought for real money. In a game where it takes like 10 seconds to TP to a station that didn't cost me actual dosh.

Doesn't fill me with joy. Taxes bad.
[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like Balor's post:
  • Dystopia, KitKatarine, Shadbase
Oh wait so it costs more than normal stations?
(08-30-2021, 03:32 AM)Balor Wrote: Doesn't fill me with joy. Taxes bad.

Taxes are good, or else the economy would inflate to the point of absurdity at a much faster rate. Having said that, the tax taken from shopkeepers is sufficient; there's no good reason to tax people for crafting using their own materials and skills.

As an aside, I have to praise the shopkeeper stall rental system and would love to see the same system - with a longer maximum time - for player houses. And maybe bump up the cost of repairing at a blacksmith or staying at an inn for players who have legend extended.