Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excel Quack (Excel Crash thread)
Quack, he said, and the heavens heard it.

But he also had a grimace, for he forgot Conversion Gloves + Shock Collar give you one free LV of Charge Weapon, thus making every mage and their mother now gun towards the Excel Tome, or a Mutated Excel Polearm, for those, at the big tradeoff of taking 1 Lightning Damage, can completely ignore 60 Scaled CEL and every other ounce of Murai investment on an enemy's side.

Cryptic narration aside. This is a little too strong now and has no counterplay.

Requesting Excel Crash's "Ignores Evasion" clause to be only enabled at LV3+.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake's post:
  • Miller
Absolute hard agree with moving evasion ignore onto lv3 on one condition:  mages need more ways to hit. Magic is in a weird spot right now since people are encouraged to either lv1 Excel spam, Explosion spam, Custome magnetize, or use spelledge weapons since they get better base hit and weapon parts. All other tomes, which I want to use so badly for their interesting new scalings, just don't work since tomes are arguably one of the worst weapon types in GR2 for poor hit support. This kind of goes in line with the other thread on many classes lacking hit buffs, but mages feel it especially hard if they don't cheese it (in which that cheese ironically makes magic way too strong).
[Image: Rabbit.PNG]
[-] The following 1 user Likes InsainArcaneBirdbrain's post:
  • Mr.SmileGod
(09-06-2021, 06:55 AM)InsainArcaneBirdbrain Wrote: Absolute hard agree with moving evasion ignore onto lv3 on one condition:  mages need more ways to hit. Magic is in a weird spot right now since people are encouraged to either lv1 Excel spam, Explosion spam, Custome magnetize, or use spelledge weapons since they get better base hit and weapon parts. All other tomes, which I want to use so badly for their interesting new scalings, just don't work since tomes are arguably one of the worst weapon types in GR2 for poor hit support. This kind of goes in line with the other thread on many classes lacking hit buffs, but mages feel it especially hard if they don't cheese it (in which that cheese ironically makes magic way too strong).
the class completely lacks ways to buff its own hit and the methods it has  to debuff evade are....questionable. Mage's struggles are the symptom of a system balanced around the winners being those capable of inflicting heavy amounts of hit and evade debuffs while maxing out their own buffs.
(09-06-2021, 11:21 AM)Lolzytripd Wrote:
(09-06-2021, 06:55 AM)InsainArcaneBirdbrain Wrote: Absolute hard agree with moving evasion ignore onto lv3 on one condition:  mages need more ways to hit. Magic is in a weird spot right now since people are encouraged to either lv1 Excel spam, Explosion spam, Custome magnetize, or use spelledge weapons since they get better base hit and weapon parts. All other tomes, which I want to use so badly for their interesting new scalings, just don't work since tomes are arguably one of the worst weapon types in GR2 for poor hit support. This kind of goes in line with the other thread on many classes lacking hit buffs, but mages feel it especially hard if they don't cheese it (in which that cheese ironically makes magic way too strong).
the class completely lacks ways to buff its own hit and the methods it has  to debuff evade are....questionable. Mage's struggles are the symptom of a system balanced around the winners being those capable of inflicting heavy amounts of hit and evade debuffs while maxing out their own buffs.
now this simply is not true. We seem to always forget we get a main, and a sub class option. Pair the mage with something.
(09-06-2021, 03:46 PM)HaTeD Wrote:
(09-06-2021, 11:21 AM)Lolzytripd Wrote:
now this simply is not true. We seem to always forget we get a main, and a sub class option. Pair the mage with something.
I know, I understand pairing it up, but most people tend not to pair mages that can cover the deficit all the way to the buff cap, especially with hit buffs that can be applied to tomes.
(09-06-2021, 03:46 PM)HaTeD Wrote: now this simply is not true. We seem to always forget we get a main, and a sub class option. Pair the mage with something.

This line of thinking is the reason why Bonders, FBs, BKs, and other hit steroid classes are on just about everyone's builds. With the game currently revolving around the eva/hit buff battle, not having a reliable way around it is a death sentence. I'd rather not be forced into excel, nor be forced to play a select group of classes just to make my main evoker kit work. It kills build diversity for mages.
[Image: Rabbit.PNG]
[-] The following 2 users Like InsainArcaneBirdbrain's post:
  • Shujin, Snake
I mean, we do have a thread on classes that get no hit bonuses somewhere down there if you bunch want to bump it.

But for Excel itself? Nah. Too strong. If Conversion Gloves didn't exist it would be more fair.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I suggested once that the LV1 and LV3 of Excel Crash's effects should be swapped for this new system in particular, and I will stand by that logic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Autumn's post:
  • Snake