Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Too many shadow clones (Create Shade thread)
This is a blessing in PvE and has saved me many times, but extremely annoying in PvP. This skill can be used to effectively stall debuffs and slow combat to a crawl if you don't have a way to Silence the Spellthief before they effectively hit and run you, making combat less fun on the opposition's side who now has to be scrambling after the slippery snake.

Back in my days, we could use Skip to counterplay this, but now with the new turn order this is a little too oppressive and it's doing its job too well, to the point it's not even fun to fight a Spellthief on the attacker's side.

Since this is not really a movement skill, you can't even inflict Immobilize, Grapple or slap a Clumsy on them to get them to stop disengaging so freely.

Not only you gotta deal with their Refreshing Flow + Ring of Pealrs that are pretty much mandatory stolen spells due to how good they are, but they can also make a fool of you without any drawbacks? (Create Shade at maximum rank costs 0 FP. And even then, they can use Bai Kai's prayer to further reduce costs.)

So...

Can this either get a 3 round cooldown, or at the very least have its FP costs increased per rank while also limiting how large it can go (+1 range per 2 rank)? (Create Shade should cost 50 FP at Rank 1, lowered by 5 per additional ranks.)
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
While it might be cheesy, it's also the class's bread and butter. The class is about illusions and has an essence about trickery. I dont think any changes should be made to it and I personally somewhat believe there is a bit of bias to this post. There are still counters to using it, as well as other mechanics. DoT reveals the player, Star shooter, globals, and some other things. The spell costs 0 at rank five, but it really goes up alot when you extend the range. Also when you silence a spellthief, theyre pretty much dead in the water in their spellcasting aspects. Hard disagree.
Its extremely cheesy, and I personally really really dislike the stall tactic it can represent, it feels cheap and unfun to play against ever, but that's not the only issue that can be gleamed from this spell.

You can spread apart the illusions so far apart that your opponent is forced to RNG away their positional advantage to some capacity more often than not, with only a 1 in 3 chance of being right. There's no true advantage to shuffle ticked off either given the range allows you to just break a lot of distance away from your opponent.

I would like a cooldown on this spell, using it casually is one thing, but relying your entire game plan on this spell gets very very frustrating for the opposition if they don't have an answer on the checklist of dealing with it.
I support a cooldown on this skill mainly because any time I come up against someone with create shade who has a clue what they're doing I feel like the whole match becomes one of those games where you have to guess which cup the prize is under

It feels silly, more than anything.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
It normally carries different counter players such as damage over time (If you're faster, it becomes useless if you apply DoT on the target), the shades that can be used against them with vampire weapons, spirit jar any so on. I can see it getting annoying if the person only uses that every turn however. A 2 round CD works well but nothing would be stopping the person from just running across the entire map at that point then use it again after.

It falls under a abusive Kite strats. Probly lessen the spread range with a 2 round CD would be good.
[Image: BAWqB6P.png]
[Image: fa5d9fd2e3f77f27206bb134638b5f28.png]
I hate create shade so much. A single skill is just too polarizing and it's not fun at all to fight against. If it was on a cooldown, then at least it would just be a power play you do to trick people. Right now, you can just cast it every round and never have to be open to attacks if you don't mess up. I understand it's one of spellthief's power tools but it's not like ST is a weak class apart from that. It should just be nerfed to not be so omnipresent. Some builds just have no counterplay and it's the most boring matches ever
I actually like fighting against Create Shade, but I guess I'm in the minority here.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sawrock's post:
  • HaTeD