Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Stand Off-ish
As Miller has stated, and even I stated in the OP, 50 GUI -> 10 p.DEF% only is further mitigated by additional p.DEF, it doesn't create outrageously tanky scenarios very easily.
There's another idea I thought about.

What if it was similar to Adversity Tunic? The more enemies in range, the more daring you become, reducing all damage by 5% per enemy in the enemy team (but a penalty of -5% per ally on your team).
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I'm personally not convinced by the argument that it needs to be changed, just because guns shifted from SKI to GUI. I think changing it to scale with GUI makes it a bit too much of a free benefit, as well.
The actual argument is that the will scaling is removed from MG, and its scales from will. Meaning that magic gunners actually do not really build will at all anymore. (only exception to this being magical nova Shotgun)

Gui and Ski changing spots is indeed irrelevant.
Alternatively just make this a static DR. It scaling is meaningless, I think is the point of the thread.

Just a -5% magic damage taken and I think this is going to be a good 2 SP investment.
I believe that with WIL scaling gone in MG, the skill can be changed in some more meaningful way, I could also see it granting DR in proximity to enemies given you'd be standing off against them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Autumn's post:
  • Snake
That's also a good idea. The point is... Well, we kinda have Weir Konnen anyway. This is just the OG clone of it. It could use a new effect along MG's new update.

I also like the idea of proximity damage reduction. Or something also similar to Lantern Bearer. If you stand your ground for one round you gain the buff that grants a hefty damage reduction, which rewards you for buckling down in one spot, slash, could be countered by being knocked back or pulled in.