Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gun Weapon Parts
Now that guns have a much easier balance curve to control, I would like to suggest overlooking their weapon parts and seeing why they are not all that great, with the exception of sniper rifles.

Ripping the list directly from the wiki, I'll go over a few of them very briefly:

[Image: Xc5h1b1.png]

Many of the barrels for guns are just genuinely not worth it, so much so that more often than not, handguns do not take any barrel options.

On the flipside, Sniper Barrel is so overbearingly strong as an option that there's literally no reason to not take it on a Sniper Rifle, its honest to god the strongest weapon part in the game.

The reason why Long Barrel is not often considered is because guns lack a ton of crit, and that -5 crit from Long Barrel can hurt a ton in your final stats.

As for grips, there's really no reason not to always use Custom Grip, as Extended grip won't be adding damage anymore, and -4 hit can hurt a lot, Revolver Grip is a close second in effiency.

And lastly, for bullets, 100% of the time you're gonna run into a lot of Scatter Bullets, even though they're only +5 hit now, there's really no other better option, having -critical on these parts does mean a lot, so much so you'll never see Aerodynamic bullets around.

Silver bullets since their buff are more than fine however, Hellhound bullets are often a little considered, but its not the fire damage that'll hold it back anymore, its the -hit.

I'd like to see them be looked over and reevaluated at some point, they don't need to be crazy, but I'd like to see them have more desirable stats.
[-] The following 2 users Like Autumn's post:
  • Jeff, Snake
Ideally, anything that gives weight to a gun is a major setback, since they don't use STR in their scaling. That's why Sniper Barrel is never going to be out of its potency, and why I quirked a brow on Double Barrel's nerf.

And yeh, agreed with the OP.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I've adjusted a lot of the gun parts - details are in #pending-update-notes.
[-] The following 3 users Like Neus's post:
  • Autumn, Fern, Snake