Poll: Should item data be kept for development?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, I love science and Rick and Morty.
57.14%
4 57.14%
No, and the earth is flat.
42.86%
3 42.86%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bookkeeping - Item Popularity
Lightbulb 
This may be more of a suggestion, but I also wanted to make it an open discussion. What I would like to ask is, is data kept on the popularity of equipment so as to assist in balancing it? If not, I would like to suggest that at some point in the future, it may be considered that information is logged for developer review, specifically regarding how many copies of each item are fully upgraded by players at a blacksmith. 

Why?

It is very clear to me that several items are incredibly popular, useful and powerful, while many others are regarded as trash. And of course there are many items in between these which can be considered decent, or situationally useful (e.g. Conversion Gloves).

I want to ask the community what you all think are some of the worst 10* items at present, to somewhat augment this idea. The scope of tracking upgrade data would not be limited to 10* items, but it's an easy place to start so we can compare apples to apples. And speaking of apples, here's some low hanging fruit:

Acidic Claws
On Hit: If a melee weapon, deal unresistable Acid damage equal to UL, but reduces the weapon's durability by 1.

Here is a quick fix to make this item useful, especially with so many people running GUI in their builds now.

Acidic Claws
On Hit: If a melee weapon, deal unresistable Acid damage equal to (UL*3)% of your Acid ATK, but reduces the weapon's durability by 1.

There, that was pretty easy. You could even add different things, but you get the idea.

tl;dr:
- Do you think data on item popularity should be kept?
- What do you think are some of the worst items?
- How would you change them?

(As an aside, you could probably do this with classes as well: "Of level 60 characters, what is the main and sub class distribution?" Or something like that.)

Messages In This Thread
Bookkeeping - Item Popularity - by Jeff - 09-10-2021, 04:32 PM
RE: Bookkeeping - Item Popularity - by Lolzytripd - 09-10-2021, 05:09 PM
RE: Bookkeeping - Item Popularity - by Jeff - 09-10-2021, 05:20 PM
RE: Bookkeeping - Item Popularity - by Hiazro - 09-16-2021, 04:27 AM
RE: Bookkeeping - Item Popularity - by Autumn - 09-16-2021, 05:15 AM
RE: Bookkeeping - Item Popularity - by sadbot - 09-13-2021, 11:24 AM
RE: Bookkeeping - Item Popularity - by Jeff - 09-13-2021, 05:56 PM
RE: Bookkeeping - Item Popularity - by Poruku - 09-14-2021, 04:11 PM
RE: Bookkeeping - Item Popularity - by Neus - 09-16-2021, 06:35 AM
RE: Bookkeeping - Item Popularity - by Jeff - 09-17-2021, 02:07 PM
RE: Bookkeeping - Item Popularity - by Poruku - 09-22-2021, 06:10 PM