Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Protect and Sacrifice
This suggestion will likely be hated by Dev, given how much effort it always goes to fixing Protect, but I just want something functional.

In the end, this is a buff for both of those, but at least the chances of them breaking in the future will be nulled forever.

Protect (Soldier) - Revamped to a Shield Defensive Skill.
1M
2 FP (+2 per Rank)
5 Ranks (Increases Armor and Magic Armor by 2 (+2 per rank) per Protected ally in the party)
- Targets all allies within 1 Range, granting the Protected buff until your next turn.
- If the Protected ally is within 1 Range of you and takes damage from an enemy, you take that damage instead.

Sacrifice (Black Knight)
3M, 5 round cooldown.
4 Range (Doubled if you have invoked the Black Wind, or have a Shield equipped)
- Select an ally within 4 Range and mark them with Sacrifice. (Duration is equal to 1 + 1 per 25% missing HP from ally.)
- Every time the Ally takes damage from an enemy, you will invoke the Black Wind, swap places with them (once per round), and take that damage instead.
- If you have Heavy Armor and a Shield equipped, redirected damage is reduced by 50%.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 6 users Like Snake's post:
  • Ace, HaTeD, K Peculier, Kazzy, Turadis, Yashatari
I want this
Having a more effective damage prevention method outside of "Just heal all the damage they took" would be a great change of pace into being a support character.

More options the better. The majority of most builds tend to be very selfish in the first place so it would be nice to have more incentive to doing something like being a shield-bearer bodyguard without defaulting to healing large chunks.
[Image: tenor.gif]
although black knight doesn't need buffs overall it would be nice to have more consistent tanking like this, I love the suggestion.