Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Serious wounds
I know many are afraid of this, and find it to be a nuisance in grinds.

Buuuut...Can we make wounds more meaningful in battle? Because this kinda goes both ways, inflicting wounds on monsters feels equally unrewarding as it feels unpunsihing to receive wounds in the first place.

I am fine with treated wounds barely doing anything, but untreated wounds could do a lot more.
I wouldn't be against major wounds actually being more than just a minor wound with a little bit bigger than a debuff.
Maybe my major stab wound needs to actually be taken care of with supplies compared to my minor cut. Maybe my major wound actually gets -worse- if I don't fix it, instead of getting better over time.
Makes logical sense to me - and it's more to RP. B )
[Image: 5HkCz2Q.png]
[Image: s0bdkqm.png]
Okay but to cure serious wounds you need to go to player role clinics to be treated either by players or being shoved in their magic rooms.

(Or maybe the First Aid Talent getting some more RP use)
[Image: tenor.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like K Peculier's post:
  • Blissey, Shadbase
(09-20-2021, 10:36 AM)K Peculier Wrote: Okay but to cure serious wounds you need to go to player role clinics to be treated either by players or being shoved in their magic rooms.

Yes.
[Image: Y8FFQj7.jpg]
^Mercala's Favorite Apparently
[Image: To2mAPS.png](heh)
(09-20-2021, 10:36 AM)K Peculier Wrote: Okay but to cure serious wounds you need to go to player role clinics to be treated either by players or being shoved in their magic rooms.

No.

More seriously, I'm all for wounds being more of an issue. Turn them into a "oh crap" when you see them instead of a "yeah whatever lol". I don't even know what most wounds do because right now they're just the thing that makes the health panel show up with a red outline sometimes.

Going forward with this, maybe have the wound show up as a status effect on yourself/the enemy so you can see what the effect is actually doing in-battle so you're not stuck there wondering why you suddenly have less MOV and start writing up a bug report.

As far as treatment is concerned, I think it's fine as it is right now. Maybe get a little something bonus from the first aid talent tree or something. Making you leave a dungeon or area just to get treated would just interrupt the flow of the game and is definitely more of a pain than it's worth.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Alpha Bat's post:
  • Dystopia
Yeah, wounds need to be a little more crippling. That's something I can get behind.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I agree, though not too sure what I'd do to improve the current wound system. Perhaps make them more rare, and scale up the effects a little so they are a bit more threatening.

Ruptured ear and severe+ cold are the only ones I'd say are even all that notable in a lot of cases currently. Cold cripples out of battle move speed, which is more obnoxious than dangerous (though the momentum loss is a legitimate threat), and ruptured ear is the bane of every event goer due to its ability to kill rp whenever it gets involved (Maybe change this one so it doesn't disrupt things as much?).
[Image: Rabbit.PNG]
[-] The following 1 user Likes InsainArcaneBirdbrain's post:
  • Dystopia
Maybe the ones that need to be toned up are Stab/Concussion/Cut/Burn/Acid Burn and Frostbite.

Ear Injury needs to be nerfed on its gimmick. Maybe making it so the text's font size is forced to be reduced to a smaller number like 1. It's a roleplaying game. Mechanics don't need to dictate 100% of what you perceive or not, imo.

I don't mind a cold ending in someone being treated as over encumbered, since that's what you get for not treating them in time. But maybe making your character sneeze from time to time, to show off that they're not feeling so hot is also a good deal.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
(09-20-2021, 03:04 PM)The Alpha Bat Wrote:

No.

More seriously, I'm all for wounds being more of an issue. Turn them into a "oh crap" when you see them instead of a "yeah whatever lol". I don't even know what most wounds do because right now they're just the thing that makes the health panel show up with a red outline sometimes.

Going forward with this, maybe have the wound show up as a status effect on yourself/the enemy so you can see what the effect is actually doing in-battle so you're not stuck there wondering why you suddenly have less MOV and start writing up a bug report.

As far as treatment is concerned, I think it's fine as it is right now. Maybe get a little something bonus from the first aid talent tree or something. Making you leave a dungeon or area just to get treated would just interrupt the flow of the game and is definitely more of a pain than it's worth.
 Okay, fine. I agree....
[Image: Y8FFQj7.jpg]
^Mercala's Favorite Apparently
[Image: To2mAPS.png](heh)
(09-20-2021, 05:25 PM)Snake Wrote: Maybe the ones that need to be toned up are Stab/Concussion/Cut/Burn/Acid Burn and Frostbite.

Ear Injury needs to be nerfed on its gimmick. Maybe making it so the text's font size is forced to be reduced to a smaller number like 1. It's a roleplaying game. Mechanics don't need to dictate 100% of what you perceive or not, imo.

I don't mind a cold ending in someone being treated as over encumbered, since that's what you get for not treating them in time. But maybe making your character sneeze from time to time, to show off that they're not feeling so hot is also a good deal.

Hmm, I took some time and thought up some possible side effects that would make the wounds stand out more.

Stab/Cut: Acts as a reverse food buff, in the sense any battles you finish (or if a hour ticks passes) causes you to lose HP. You are just kinda bleeding out if you leave something like this untreated after all.

Concussion: Not too sure honestly. Perhaps the same as above, but for FP?

Burn: Causes the person to lose fire res based on severity.

Acid Burn: Causes the person to lose def/res based on severity similar to the acidity debuff.

Frostbite: Same as Burn, but for ice res?
[Image: Rabbit.PNG]
[-] The following 3 users Like InsainArcaneBirdbrain's post:
  • Shadbase, Shujin, Snake