Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuck teleports.
There's too many, give us an item/ ability/ trait to make our traps and other field affects still affect these teleporting, gameplay ignoring, overly abundant options.

we have too many "oh this needs a little something"  "Oh lets give it teleport movement" popping up as of late.
Kiting is difficult to balance. If this sort of thing was implemented it might make certain kiting builds unbeatable by other builds that don't have the tools to deal with that. The abundance of teleportation is born out of a necessity, to make kiting and turtling not op
its reaching a point where so many builds can just do an airborne dash or teleport that they are getting out of hand, heck even the premier of kiting is ALSO teleporting....
plz kill some of the teleports
I see ya wanna drag people along cinders again?
[Image: kTbQzUT.png]
i never post in balancing bc i don't know fuck all about it but i've not slept in 12 hours and i have to say:

i never get more tilted than when i put down an entangle trap with rp to go along with it
and a motherfucker just
teleports around the map like a fnaf animatronic meaning i don't even get the fun of using the damn thing and it turns into a wasted skillpoint

i think we just need to make walking around the map actually more appealing. i wouldn't wanna hurt teleporting (even though haha void poisoning from blink spam...) bc that's just kinda shitty and misses the point.
[Image: 5HkCz2Q.png]
[Image: s0bdkqm.png]
Perhaps teleports would cost more momentum. Safer, but higher cost.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
This would be nice to see changed to some degree. Realistically, anything that requires an enemy to 'move' over a particular tile is just pretty worthless now unless you're forcing the movement or trigger. Teleports are one thing, but mainly there's a crazy overabundance of movement options that move you without teleportation and yet still ignore all things that check for you moving over certain tiles to trigger.
4M for movement skills sounds like a good experimental change
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake's post:
  • Shadbase
(12-24-2021, 03:59 AM)Snake Wrote: 4M for movement skills sounds like a good experimental change

"Experimental" is a very low ball word for a mechanic that would completely change how critical hit momentum even interacts with movement abilities, the simple answer is to keep the teleport system as it is, tiles already do enough to class combos that do not feature teleports, tell me any combination of Curate/Kensei/Black Knight/Shapeshifter/Grand Summoner/Tactician/Arbalest or Magic Gunner are not already impacted by swathes of cinders and other tiles to an egregiously powerful degree and I'll happily call you incorrect on the matter.

This is confirmation bias at work, all the classes I just mentioned do not have teleports or ways around tiles in their kits innately or if they do are extremely limited in range and/or opportunity cost, this list includes 11 of the 24 available classes. Not to mention either that some classes like Magic Gunner and Boxer get demolished by Cinders due to some of their movement mechanics already.

The benefit of a teleport is being able to move despite these conditions, and in moments where you are surrounded by Cinders, the last thing you want to do is to move in a way that will make you eat over 100-300 damage, therefore you often do not see the situations arising because it is almost certainly the wrong move.

Surrounding someone in Cinders is doing more than you would think, and the confirmation bias of teleporting across them will heavily skew opinions in this thread I wager.

There are ways to force people to take field effects other than making them move, such as with pulls (which ignore treads) or air pressure effects for traps/grenades/bombs.

The absolute most I can see arising from this thread is abilities like Blink/Haunting/Crescent Rook and such all gaining 2-3 round cooldowns, so that there are phases in which someone cannot just teleport around.
[-] The following 2 users Like Autumn's post:
  • Shadbase, Snake