Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skullcaver Uncaved
Skullcaver in its current iteration just... Does not work. Stun is an unreliable status, that while thematic, hurts you more than it helps almost universally.

I'd like to suggest its effect be changed to either UL*2% or UL% chance of inflicting spelldaze on hit, and able to continue stacking spelldaze if you get multiple procs in a short time, unlike how Nightflower as a material restricts you to one spelldaze active at a time. This remains thematic and gives it a specific niche, while removing the headache that is trying to understand how to use stun against someone without getting screwed over.

I'll also point out that in its current iteration, Skullcaver is the only thing in the game countered by Snakemen Helm's item effect, which means the Helm may also need to be changed to prevent spelldaze via item effect.
[-] The following 4 users Like Tanasinn's post:
  • Fern, PantherPrincess, Sawrock, Snake
Or we could just remove stuns dr....
(09-26-2021, 04:51 AM)Lolzytripd Wrote: Or we could just remove stuns dr....
That then makes other sources of stun that ARE reliable too strong.
Then make the other sources less strong.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I'd like to request that people refrain from commenting on radically different balance suggestions that aren't in the purview of the thread's topic. This is specifically about a suggestion to change the current UL effect of Skullcaver.
On-topic, I think Clumsy + Spelldazed would be a good mix of effects. Perhaps "On Critical" it inflicts Spelldazed, and "On Hit" it inflicts Clumsy.

Both are potent in their own rights anyway, and simulate you beating the crap of someone with a big stick.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake's post:
  • Maksimum_Fire
(09-26-2021, 05:44 PM)Snake Wrote: On-topic, I think Clumsy + Spelldazed would be a good mix of effects. Perhaps "On Critical" it inflicts Spelldazed, and "On Hit" it inflicts Clumsy.

Both are potent in their own rights anyway, and simulate you beating the crap of someone with a big stick.
Clumsy is a pretty cancerous status that is relatively easy to re-apply while shutting down 75% of the average character's move set, due to most things non-magic being a movement skill. I would advise against the Clumsy part, people already hate Ryeser inflicting it on Crit, so imagine a weapon doing that on hit instead.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fern's post:
  • Sawrock
That's true... But if anything, swap them around? And this is also assuming Snake Helmet (or all helmets) will deny such things, too.