Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Custom Tome Damage
Custom Tome spells still have among the highest damage of all spells in the game, and with it having a higher scaling, as well as the most recent nerf to DEF/RES, these spells are hitting even harder than before this update.

The issue is mostly the three Noble/Baron/Lord line seeds, these seeds, unlike the Wild Seeds, have virtually no cost to using them, and can stack up quickly and effectively. I also think this sort of subtracts from the diversity of custom spells given most if not all custom spells are solely focused upon pumping in 325% Elemental ATK + 100% SWA damage, which is almost certainly more damage than most invocations in the game can even acquire.

I would say its getting out of hand but honestly I rarely see people abusing it quite as much for how powerful it is. I would normally suggest lowering the damage of the individual seeds but that might too greatly affect just not stacking on 3 damage seeds at once. Instead I'd like to bring up my previous point from another thread:

-Custom Spell Tomes may only support one seed from a single line of seeds at a time.

This would mean that each seed would be categorized, and only allowed one of in each custom spell lineup, further diversifying the pool and allowing these tomes to stay just as strong at what they do.

For example, Lord/Baron/Noble would become a line where you're only allowed one of those 3 seeds in a single tome, and if you wanted to give it even further damage you'd need to slot in a Dragon/Wild/Cat seed, which would damage you in the process, being a pretty fair trade off imo.
[-] The following 3 users Like Autumn's post:
  • Akame, HaTeD, Shujin
this would be a start, limiting them to two damage seeds, a Wild and a noble.
Or making it so the damage can't go beyond the Tome's Power * Seed LV, too.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I don't like the idea of capping damage or limiting seed combinations. The issue is just the actual damage values of noble seeds so why not simply nerf their damage?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Poruku's post:
  • Fern
(09-27-2021, 07:16 AM)Poruku Wrote: I don't like the idea of capping damage or limiting seed combinations. The issue is just the actual damage values of noble seeds so why not simply nerf their damage?
Nah its going to be a problem every day they continue to do more than 140% swa +100% elemental attack.
Atleast if they do not get meaning ful downsides for it. Stacking CD/momentum increases could also work. The biggest issue is how much damage they do while being spamable at the same time.

I honestly do not mind some items that are harder to grind for to be minimally stronger, but thats a me thing. I do not need everything perfectly balanced in an RPG.
(09-27-2021, 10:53 AM)Lolzytripd Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 07:16 AM)Poruku Wrote: I don't like the idea of capping damage or limiting seed combinations. The issue is just the actual damage values of noble seeds so why not simply nerf their damage?
Nah its going to be a problem every day they continue to do more than 140% swa +100% elemental attack.
It's a custom spell so the power level should be higher. I think it can absolutely be balanced if it's simply toned down

The only issue here is that lowering the individual damage punishes those who didn't abuse stacking on 3 damage seeds before, when the issue is simply just that you can stack all of them together.
That's true. Honestly thinking more about it I'd rather give it a shot to see how well it performs to make it so you need to at least make sacrifices for damage, such as having to use Wild Seeds if you want a less safe, yet more damaging option.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Given some recent discussion in a discord channel, I'd also like to add that perhaps Lord/Noble/Baron type seeds should start incurring a cooldown, with 1/1/0 rounds being added to the cooldown timer on your custom tome spell, that way they have a cost associated to them. (With Custom Tome Spell's base cooldown this would make them 2 or 3 rounds depending on how many seeds you've packed into your custom tome.)

I'd also like to propose only being able to wield one custom tome (Single or Line) at a time to prevent you from having two on-demand nukes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Autumn's post:
  • Snake