Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ghost Wound Platoon
Give Ghosts a passive that gives them something for having wounds.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
but having wounds suck and ghost is already starved for points
this thread has no substance to start a discussion from, but sure I guess (?)
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I’m of the group that thinks “starved for SP” isn’t ailment, but a boon. If there’s many good abilities, so many that choosing between them goes down to between one good option to another good option- and you want both- that’s amazing. That means you can pick for flavor instead of making the “right” choice of picking the strictly more beneficial option. And of course quantity isn’t better than quality, but having both quantity and quality is desirable above each of those qualities alone

As for the specifics of the thread, there’s already classes that benefit off of negative effect. Hexers benefit off of curses, curates benefit off of lack of enchantments (although not effectively so), and so forth. The concept of a warrior bruised and eyes gouged, still fighting at a peak is a significant trope in fantasy media- and even in the real world, as well, although under different circumstances than that of a quasi-magical death-seeking mentality.

Is this substantial enough?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sawrock's post:
  • Shujin
Definitely interesting take, but I believe this passive of Ghost... "Reckless Fighter"? Would need to actually open you up to receive more wounds.
Maybe making it so your chances to be injured are further increased by 100%, and for each wound you have, Rising Game LV gains +1 bonus that ignores its cap?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake's post:
  • Sawrock
I was thinking along the lines of people hunting the specific injuries they want as they do for spirits, but that way you described would be incredible too due to mid-battle turnabouts.
This may be my Ghost bias slipping in but just another +1 on the Rising Game seems a bit underwhelming, even if you give it 100% more chance of getting injuries. I'm with the idea of getting a specific boon from whichever your wounds may be, getting wounds do suck and especially when it's the kind that actually hurts (i.e: Fractured/Bruised's debuff) but it'd be nice if they are just as rewarding as they are punishing. Obviously, not to the point that the punishment no longer debilitates you but enough to feel like your character is exerting themselves through the pain.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hiazro's post:
  • Sawrock
I'd say at 50% health the effects of wounds would be negated.

With each wound counting towards Afflicted spectres and rising game count.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lolzytripd's post:
  • Sawrock
Counting for afflicted spectre would be pretty pog too.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake's post:
  • Sawrock