Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Permission Request] CHATURANGA
I humbly come before the council to request permission to work on Chaturanga. 

I can post progress here, if it pleases the powers that be. I also have some progress already made in the way of tiles if you wish to see them before I get way too into this. 

Thank you for your time and consideration.
[Image: unknown.png]
[-] The following 12 users Like KitKatarine's post:
  • Aqua, Balor, Dystopia, Fern, HaTeD, K Peculier, Kiss, Lewdcifer, Maksimum_Fire, Miller, Poruku, Shadbase
So, it's been about a week, I thought maybe it'd be good to pop a screenshot in just to showcase kind of thing I wanna work on.

[Image: w7wyh4G.png]

So, some key notes: 

> Warmer Color Palette: To make it easier on the eyes, the tileset I am choosing features a warmer color palette. Autumn colors to go with the autumn trees, with splotches of green to make it less single color. This also applies to the white and black tiles, which have an orangey-ish hue. 

> Healthy mix of Service buildings and Housing buildings: Right now, Chaturanga is divided with services on one side of the bridge, and houses on the other side. I would like to rectify this with a nice mix of both, scattered throughout. 

> More RP spots: Parks! Benches! Fountains! Markets!

> Docks, Forest, Jumping Puzzle, Bridge: These will remain as key features of Chaturanga and I have no intention of deleting them. In fact, I wish to incorporate these 100%. 

Again, if I'm allowed to remap Chatty, I'll be posting updates here. This screenshot is not indicative of the layout, moreso of what the tiles will look like roughly. 

Thank you for your time and your consideration!
[-] The following 9 users Like KitKatarine's post:
  • Aqua, Autumn, Balor, Dystopia, Fern, Jeff, K Peculier, Pyro, Shadbase
Sorry it took a bit to reply to you. Sure, if you want to touch up Chaturanga, you're welcome to do so.
[-] The following 5 users Like Neus's post:
  • Autumn, Balor, Fern, KitKatarine, Shadbase
(10-31-2021, 07:30 AM)Neus Wrote: Sorry it took a bit to reply to you. Sure, if you want to touch up Chaturanga, you're welcome to do so.

WOOHOOO!!!! I'll do my best!
[-] The following 3 users Like KitKatarine's post:
  • Autumn, Balor, Shadbase
Update #1 - WIP

Okay, so, I'm now turning this into an update thread, where I'll post screenshots as I work on various sections. I will say I'm working on the planning aspect in a third party application, and will be moving those plans onto the actual SL2 mapping program when it's more complete. 

[Image: xYMjMah.jpeg]

SO, for this screenshot, allow me to go over some of the plans I have for this area. 

This is the "central" hub. A fountain, the Mage Guild, the Asago Building, and probably the Pawn Shop. Some player houses will be scattered throughout, and the player houses will have this sort of aesthetic. As you can see, this really showcases the "autumn" aesthetic, which will, in fact, be broken up by the fall trees that Chatty currently has. The Asago door will be changed to the actual door once I find it somewhere in the files. 

The bridge will remain, connecting the two landmasses together, as well, the jumping puzzle will be put in there. 

To the north, I'm planning on putting markets, as well as more player houses. And to the south will most likely be the forest. Undecided on player houses throughout there. 

Additionally, I'm looking for the forest to be fuller and thicker so once I get there, I'll have screenshots. 

Thank you for reading Big Grin
[-] The following 7 users Like KitKatarine's post:
  • Aqua, chimeranyx, Dystopia, Fern, Pyro, Shadbase, WaifuApple