Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Additional House Trigger Suggestions
Okay, so technically this title is misleading, as they aren't really triggers. But they work almost the same in the sense that they're house furniture that you can place on a tile, but only see in build mode. I have a few examples of ideas of what I'd like to see:

Point Light - A placeable, invisible light source. Can decide how bright or dim it should be, as well as perhaps what colour of light it should be emitting. This can work to light up areas without having to hide light sources that shouldn't be visible, like ceiling lights or lights just for visibility.

Hidden Door - An invisible door. Functions like any other door, can be opened or closed, acting as a barrier at certain points along a map. Good for a variety of things, like keeping event-goers back in house events when they're not meant to progress yet.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
[-] The following 3 users Like WaifuApple's post:
  • KitKatarine, Miller, Shadbase
I don't know if this is commonly known or anything, but both of these things are currently possible in housing currently, both involving the same trick.

Setting an object to layer 1 will retain its properties but keep it invisible, what you can do with that is:

-For lights the object itself will be invisible and under the map, but also retain its lighting effect and keep the area around it lit up.

-For Doors the object will be invisible and under the map, but still be openable and closeable, even obscuring vision and blocking the way on the map, you can utilize the A button hotkey ("Z" or "E" in WASD mode) to open and close it. If you wish to keep things behind the door under wraps, you can also lock it by pressing Shift + Z or E.

If you wish to pick up the object later, you will need to set a .click macro up, and utilize it to click on the object that is on layer 1 by walking nearby and pressing 'none', if your furniture adjust menu is up, it should select it in there, where you can set the layer back to 2.

Hope this helps.
You can also use tiles that are mostly black space to click on hidden things when moving/removing them, like the corner/edge pieces in darkwoods walls, or certain curtain-y looking church walls.

That said, objects that fulfill these purposes without having to do clever tricks would be cool, too.
I know of this trick, but considering the tip provided by the system that you should only be able to set to layer 3 and above, that is clearly an unintentional, unintuitive system based on a bug, and I was only ever told about it through having to ask someone specifically about it. These ideas are meant to be accessible to anyone, while making it more simple to pick up the furniture left behind, sort of reducing the need for this to be a clever trick.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
(10-24-2021, 09:44 AM)WaifuApple Wrote: I know of this trick, but considering the tip provided by the system that you should only be able to set to layer 3 and above, that is clearly an unintentional, unintuitive system based on a bug, and I was only ever told about it through having to ask someone specifically about it. These ideas are meant to be accessible to anyone, while making it more simple to pick up the furniture left behind, sort of reducing the need for this to be a clever trick.

Actually I don't believe its a bug, I believe that the tooltip's outdated from a QoL change from a very long time ago for houses, but I do get what you're saying don't get me wrong, I'm just trying to help out.

Mostly because there are methods of obtaining exactly what is wanted.