Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
High and Light
You're in a busy scene! Lots of posts, lots of interesting roleplay, the chat log is SCROLLING by. This dude has been vaguely staring your character's direction for a while, but you haven't seen them post at you, so it's probably nothing.

Poor guy. Poor guy made two! Two whole posts at you, and you didn't see simply due to the roleplay going on around. His confidence is shattered, and he's gotten to the point where he's just assuming you're ignoring him - that you're a devil, some evil, mischievous creature.

There must be a solution to this, I hear you asking. All I need is your credit card number, the three digits on the back, and I've got it.

It's just Madness Mantra, but without the madness!

It's just Madness Mantra.

The code already exists for specific strings of the player's choice to be highlighted in emotes and says in Madness Mantra. Add a softer version of this that we can customise and use as we please at no mechanical benefit.

Picture it! Just a little box you could open somewhere. You select a phrase to be used, and bam. Easy. Done. Bonus points for multiple phrases going simultaneously - but even one, just one, saves this poor man from the crippling sensation of irrelevance.

The applications are also endless. OOCly weary or distractable, and don't want to miss something? Whack it in there. ICly alert for a specific sign or cue from one of your character's buddies? Toss that in the highlight machine.
number 1 GTer EU
[-] The following 5 users Like JamOfBoy's post:
  • Collector, Fern, Hiazro, InsainArcaneBirdbrain, Shadbase
I think that'd be used the most to have your name highlighted when someone mentions you. Still, I hope it's an optional thing at least.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
That's the idea, yeah, on both points. Some codebases for Space Station 13 have something similar, and it's quite useful, particularly since there's a lot of logs being produced and displayed in that game. You open a little menu and you can type in a phrase to be highlighted. Says, emotes, OOC, LOOC, and logs from slipping people interactions all highlight that phrase.

[Image: sOErznE.png]
number 1 GTer EU
[-] The following 3 users Like JamOfBoy's post:
  • Collector, Fern, Shadbase
(11-14-2021, 07:25 PM)JamOfBoy Wrote: That's the idea, yeah, on both points. Some codebases for Space Station 13 have something similar, and it's quite useful, particularly since there's a lot of logs being produced and displayed in that game. You open a little menu and you can type in a phrase to be highlighted. Says, emotes, OOC, LOOC, and logs from slipping people interactions all highlight that phrase.

[Image: sOErznE.png]

Oh man, as someone who gets easily lost in post flood in places like busy rp hubs or events, this would be a godsend to have. I end up feeling really bad if someone refers to me, and I don't respond back, so something like this would go a looooooong way towards helping avoid that. This idea gets an absolute thumbs up from me.
[Image: Rabbit.PNG]
[-] The following 4 users Like InsainArcaneBirdbrain's post:
  • Collector, Fern, Hiazro, Shadbase
It'd be cool if this could also ping your screen if you're tabbed out.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]