Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
STUNted
I was debating putting this one in bug reports, but as far as I can tell this is working as intended.

Stun as it stands now is pretty much an active detriment to the inflicting player if they are faster, at least in 1v1 situations. As far as I'm aware it works properly (or at least closer to properly) when more players are involved, but it's 1v1 situations where how disjointed it is with the turn order changes really shows.

When you stun a slower opponent, they do not lose a turn. Their turn in that round after yours is skipped, only for the next round to start with them now going first. It essentially just permanently swaps the turn order so the slower player now goes first out of the two of you (presumably until something like skip returns it to the correct, initiative based turn order) while giving them a large DR boost on their next turn.

Stunning a player that has already taken their turn that round works correctly, moving to the next round where only the stunning player gets a turn. However, the slower player will continue to go first even after this if turn order has been swapped by the above scenario.

Pretty straightforward suggestion here, just change how stun/turn order functions so that stunning a slower player in 1v1 situations actually makes them lose a turn. Right now they lose their turn in the round in which they are stunned, only for turn order between the two of you to be swapped from that moment onwards, effectively negating the lost turn altogether as the slower player now goes first.
[-] The following 2 users Like sadbot's post:
  • Fern, Snake
Stun should be either that or upon the victim's turn on the next round. Things that go "on next round's start" are always dumb due to turn order.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]