Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Guilded Compass - Adventurer's Guild
Rainbow 
[Image: l6Qx4ej.png]

[Image: PMAZdbP.png][Image: Crm3cQy.png][Image: v4bJWCX.png]

[Image: pGcnQx3.png]
The Guilded Compass is an Adventurer's Guild based in Tannis, seeking to create a more steady workflow for adventurers of all kinds! From small-end jobs to those promising true adventure, outside of dungeoneering in Black Doors.
Founded by Jasper Mottahedeh, of the Egwynian clan of Lupines by the same name; known to some others as a clan of 'adventurers' by any other name, bringing news and trade to the clans that formed an alliance with them. Some have detached from the Egwynian tribe to explore the world anew, and someday return with discovery and information to benefit not only their tribe, but Egwyn as a whole. To that extent, the Guilded Compass is founded and funded by the rest of the Mottahedeh, with supplies and murai fit for an army.

The Goal of the Guilded Compass is to truly provide people with missions and jobs, both dungeoneering, adventuring, and the like, to everyone who would like to take it upon themselves, for glory or for reward! To that end, the guild is open to the entire population of Sigrogana and beyond, for both people looking for work and people looking for workers!

[Image: QDfLdNY.png]
The Guilded Compass, as stated, provides an oppourtunity for anybody to take or create jobs. To take a job, simply sign up for it at the reception desk (or via the channel in the Discord server). To post a job, please register it at the reception desk (or DM me).
Job hosts are allowed to create jobs at will and have no fee to put them up or take them down. The job will remain on the board until the host takes it down or it is finished.
The Guilded Compass will take 5% of payment to adventurers. This is to allow the guild a minor amount of income for services provided alongside the job board.

The job board has three sections: Jobs for Disciples of War, Jobs for Disciples of the Land / Hand, and Bounties.

Jobs for the Disciples of War are jobs pertaining to adventuring proper, or dungeoneering; such as clearing out a dungeon, exploring a new land, and the like.
Jobs for the Disciples of the Land / Hand are jobs pertaining to gathering, crafting, and etc. Jobs here will likely be material gathering, or for seeking a craftsman for a project or event. These are more civillian jobs, but the Guilded Compass is for all people.
The bounty board is exactly what it sounds like; a board for bounties. Guard-posted bounties will be posted alongside other bounties; which can include monsters and items of exceedingly rare value.We will not be taking 'bounties' on people without guard say-so.

Alongside the job boards, the Guilded Compass also offers it's own tavern & inn with food and drink for adventurers to relax as they plan their duties or relax after finishing! As well, the guild is also welcome for those who just wish to hang out if they so choose, adventurer or no. There is also a small barracks area included, so that those without proper homes to return to may rest for free.

[Image: KFjfdac.png]
Unlike other adventurer's guilds, the Guilded Compass will not be forcing adventurers to join. Rather, members of the guild are tasked with representing the guild as a whole, and for those who wish to dedicate to the Guilded Compass. Adventurers are allowed to join ONLY by application ICly (much like all other workers).
The Guilded Compass is mostly a hub for travellers and adventurers, rather than an extensive force. As such, adventurers and the like are encouraged to keep their options open. Those who do find their way into joining, but are MIA for an extended period of time without warning will be dismissed from the guild's ranks without warning in turn.
Adventurers will be allowed positions within the guild under two roles: Regular, and Trainee.
Regulars are those who consistantly return and successfully complete jobs; those who represent the best of the best in their line of work and the interests of the Guild.
Trainees are those who wish to be trained in the art of adventuring or combat, and are recruited with much less scrutiny.

However, in terms of civilian jobs, the Guilded Compass will be hiring:
Tavernkeepers: those who manage the counter, cooking, and cleaning of the Tavern area.
Groundkeepers: those who manage the rest of the building and yard to keep it up to safety codes and elegance.
Receptionists: those who can work behind the counter of the guild to take in jobs and sign people up for them upon request. This is also a social job, and you are welcome to keep conversation with adventurers.
Guild Officers: those who can manage the guild's members, offer protection for those who cannot fight, as well as help keep the rules in check. This role cannot be applied for, and can only be earned. The guildmaster will likely approach you if she feels like you would be promising. (This is a moderator role OOCly, and will only be given out to those I personally trust due to it's power.)
However, deserters will also not be tolerated on this front. If several months go by with no word on your status, you will be dismissed from duty.

[Image: LxDYKTd.png]
Howdy! This is my one big project that I've been formulating for awhile. A proper adventurer's guild with no member limit that can self-sustain without having to rely entirely on pre-made events!
I intend to keep this guild running for as long as I can possibly manage, as it is more of a passion project that I've always wanted to do in my eight years of playing.

Like implied, everyone is welcome! I've tried to make it as feasible as possible for a character of any type to join in on jobs, or the guild itself. Like I said before, though, I will not be hosting alts that die out unless you tell me that they will be gone for awhile. This is so there's not radio silence ICly nor is the guild list filled with dead air. I will however contact you before that happens, gods willing.

OOCly, the primary drive of this guild is to have a place for both eventmins and players to ICly advertise their events, since the event channels in the discord are blocked off to non-eventmins especially. It is also a place for people who need work done to come host jobs to get that work especially!
Merchants or people running mercantile shops are MORE THAN WELCOME to advertise or partner with Guilded Compass. I actually intended that going into this idea! It could be a worthwhile partnership to find jobs you need done but don't have the workers to do so, or for finding jobs for your shop's employees.

The guild's discord can be found here, as an access point that all are welcome to. This is primarily where jobs and annoucements will be posted. (You are encouraged to also keep an eye out in the primary SL2 discord for eventmin-based events, but I will mirror them in the server too, so don't worry.)
The Guildhouse is in Tannis Residential, as seen here! Anyone is welcome!
[Image: kG55Jzk.png]

Special thanks to:
Polkjm, for helping build the guild house and the extreme support with the project.
Raigen, for helping fund the guild (and putting up with my bullshit as always).
Mikuel and Noltu for collaborating (since they were also going to make an Adventurer's Guild)!
Wanderlust, Bard Knight, and Zerg for their unconditional support.
and... thank you for reading all of this word dump! I know it was a long one, but I'm excited to get on with the project and keep it running for a long time!

[Image: pBBNVVp.png]
[Image: 5HkCz2Q.png]
[Image: s0bdkqm.png]
[-] The following 10 users Like Shadbase's post:
  • chimeranyx, Eldwitch, HaTeD, Nehemoth, Noxid, Poruku, Pyro, Raigen.Convict, Snake, WaifuApple