Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Muddle is just awfull (and yet its also essential)
Title, tsukikage, and hikage potential, muddle, is a bit meh, because of their conflicting damage types. Most things with vulnerability to fire also absorb water and vice versa, so I think it would be better if they gave you 2 passives, each of them toggling only one knife elemental damage, instead of toggling limit potential to turn off both. (oh yeah, and if you attack something that can absorb one of the damages, and you have twin dance (and why wouldn't you? Rogues main weapons are likely daggers.) the enemy treats your second attack as if you did full damage, ignoring the damage reduction of twin dance meaning that... Well, the elements are useless for hitting weaknesses because you likely heal them about as much as you hurt them for). Might as well never toggle limit potentiall and make the daggers do normal damage, removing their gimmick of 'doing this damage when other knife is equipped). The idea of the potential is great, but the execution is bad
[Image: kTbQzUT.png]
Muddle is used by a lot of Potentials (Yin/Yang too), but I agree.

It's very necessary, but also a waste of a Potential for those weapons. Muddle should be an innate passive of those weapons, or gain an additional effect:

- On-Critical: Ignores elemental absorption and elemental resistance (Doesn't affect damage reduction).
- Toggle: Activates or deactivates elemental swap from Set effects.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
(12-19-2021, 04:14 PM)Snake Wrote: Muddle is used by a lot of Potentials (Yin/Yang too), but I agree.

It's very necessary, but also a waste of a Potential for those weapons. Muddle should be an innate passive of those weapons, or gain an additional effect:

- On-Critical: Ignores elemental absorption and elemental resistance (Doesn't affect damage reduction).
- Toggle: Activates or deactivates elemental swap from Set effects.
Good ideas too, but isnt absorb taken into account before crit roll?
well I went 'on critical' so it's not a given and rivals the likes of kraken's sigh, which has the drawback of also nulling absorbs on self, but yeah ideally you gotta crit to ignore absorb and resist effects in this idea, which shouldn't be hard since they're daggers
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Muddle should be a basic skill, while the potential should be more interesting. For instance, doing some special attack with both weapons that applies soaked and burn
(12-29-2021, 12:25 AM)Poruku Wrote: Muddle should be a basic skill, while the potential should be more interesting. For instance, doing some special attack with both weapons that applies soaked and burn
Even if it was, it would still suck because you either turn off both knives or not