Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wayward Adventures
A lead-lined book, wrapped up in what was identified as snake-scale hide ends up finding it's way into one of the many libraries of the empire, upon opening the up the heavy covers, a line of sand from the desert of Gold would escape into the air, as if returning to once it came.

The writing on the pages could only be described as atrocious, as if a chicken learned how to scribe words, still, it was at least readable in some regards, and very amateurly written based on the scribbles and doodles that lined the spaces between paragraphs.

Chapter One: Finding Home.
It's been quite awhile since I took up writing, I used to write a lot back in the Orphanage, back then Rosaline usually laughed at my Common, if only she was still around to laugh at the stupid work I get up to nowadays, I never knew if she went to old J-man's wake, I knew I couldn't go, not till that bug was squished. Looking back, I did squish her, or well, was one of those that squished her, at the end of it, did we really kill something that was alive, or just another puppet like Cearus? I guess it really doesn't matter in the end, one madman dethroned, one world saved, the end justified the means, as always, life went back to normal. *A doodle of what could be assumed a bird in a grave with a poorly drawn gravestone that resembled more of a jammer is drawn here.*

The former members, those that I or my co-workers have not already put to the sword and axe were all given their pardons after the news reached to the heads that the old-geezer failed and turned to a pile of dirt upon the throne, I wasn't very happy to hear of the news, they should've all been put to death, but come to think of it, we had mountains of folks to burn after the whole thing was over, so I guess less work, we even managed to let the suckers from each nation do the body disposal themselves. Ahh, shame, at least the interrogations I had was fun. The good ol' days. More days in the backlog. 

Like written, everything returned to the 'normal' as it should, but I found it unbearable, how didn't anyone? The folks I worked with all had some issues themselves after the big skirmish, sure, we never talked too much about it, but I could see it in their eyes, I could see in their missing limbs, it wasn't just the folks I worked with, it was everyone else, the fools that had nothing better to do than feel what it was like to fight gods, the idiots that wanted to prove something or to someone, everywhere I looked, people with one less a limb, or weren't even around, I would be lying if I say it didn't affect me, the scars I had earned being rash at the big fight are much more hidden behind my sleeves and gloves when I didn't have my sleeves, writing about it makes me a bit sad, he never noticed them, or maybe I just never liked showing it to him, thinking about him really makes me feel like I should go back. *Once more a doodle of what could only be assume is charcoal shaped into that of a helmet.*

But I made it clear, I needed a break, a longer break than what I normally had, the empire needed one too, people needed to recover, I needed to recover. By the time I had packed my stuff, and made sure everything on the work end was cleared, another 'world-ending' sort of thing popped up in the form of those white doors, honestly, I couldn't be too bothered with it after getting reports that those appeared AROUND the world, not just the empire, so I gave my darling a nudge in that direction before I left, oh my darling, when will he notice me? *Drawings of hearts, blacken by quill ink and drawn terribly, with whole hearts and hearts drawn as if they were shattered filling up an entire page*

Still, Though it may hurt today, Tomorrow I'll be heading my way. As they say it, thus I decided to write this little thing, in the event that I never return to the empire, or you know, I forget, just somethings I can't forget, so many things. It's only natural that my first stop on my 'self-journey' would have to be that damn desert land of all places, really, they should had just left, let the curse take it then build it all back when the curse had done it's purpose, but of course, no one high up in all their infinite wisdom and power would want to let go of their reign just so people could finally enjoy things. Even as I write this, all the damn sand is getting everywhere, magic works, but magic can't cover every corners, specially if the corners are MADE OF SAND.