Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Charred Void unsucketh
As it stands, charred void is a skill that can often be looked over due to how little it changes. 

Currently, for a cost of 1 void energy per cinder tile created, all cinder tiles created will be converted into dark cinders.

I have considered two substantial changes:

First, the cost becomes 5 void energy per cinder tile placing spell/ability.

Second, any cinder tile you walk across will be converted to friendly dark cinders at the cost of 2 void energy per tile.

First balance-fu. I have no idea if this sounds dumb.
[-] The following 4 users Like Pyro's post:
  • Fern, HaTeD, messaiyan, Tana
umm you didn't buff dark cinders, you've quintupled the cost, and the only thing changed is you can convert tile at a cost of 2 per tile.....

that would make it even less desired.

I would personally leave it 1 void per tile, and make the cinders scale on 75% of your dark +75% of your fire attack.
(12-26-2021, 01:33 PM)Lolzytripd Wrote: umm you didn't buff dark cinders, you've quintupled the cost, and the only thing changed is you can convert tile at a cost of 2 per tile.....

I would personally leave it 1 void per tile,  and make the cinders scale on 75% of your dark +75% of your fire attack.
You seem to have drastically misunderstood the suggestion. Right now, if you use blazing crystal rose, as an example, it takes 9 void energy. Under this suggestion, it would take 5, and presumably be subject to the half-cost passive VA has.
(12-26-2021, 07:00 PM)Tana Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 01:33 PM)Lolzytripd Wrote: umm you didn't buff dark cinders, you've quintupled the cost, and the only thing changed is you can convert tile at a cost of 2 per tile.....

I would personally leave it 1 void per tile,  and make the cinders scale on 75% of your dark +75% of your fire attack.
You seem to have drastically misunderstood the suggestion. Right now, if you use blazing crystal rose, as an example, it takes 9 void energy. Under this suggestion, it would take 5, and presumably be subject to the half-cost passive VA has.

Void Reverb unfortunately only can work on void energy costs more than 2 atm. The benefit of dark cinders is they're not affected by enchants like firewalk but the benefits are not very worthwhile of a void energy cost.

For this reason I think Charred void doesn't need to cost void energy at all, OR it needs to increase the cinder's level by an additional 25% of your Dark ATK.
(12-26-2021, 07:26 PM)Autumn Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 07:00 PM)Tana Wrote:

Void Reverb unfortunately only can work on void energy costs more than 2 atm. The benefit of dark cinders is they're not affected by enchants like firewalk but the benefits are not very worthwhile of a void energy cost.

For this reason I think Charred void doesn't need to cost void energy at all, OR it needs to increase the cinder's level by an additional 25% of your Dark ATK.

I thought about suggesting a buff for the damage but I wasn't sure if that would be stretching it too far. I think that an additional +25% of your Dark ATK added to the cinder's level would be appropriate, though, given it is costing you resources. Not costing void energy is something I'm a little iffy on, given it's a way to get around resistances for the cost of one skill point.

Scaling on 75% Dark ATK + 75% Fire ATK would be an absurd buff if the character has any investment in either element, let alone both.
Charred Void should either require a threshold to be active, like above 30 Void Energy, or reduce your Void Energy regeneration by 1. And perhaps once you've reached this threshold, you take 1 Null Damage on round end.

This would make it more usable than it is right now.

The Cinders could also do bonus damage equal to your current Void Energy, a flat number. Those two together would make it definitely not a waste of a skill point on something thematically fun.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake's post:
  • Pyro
It really needs to do some bonus damage. Maybe even give you +1 void energy regen per adjacent tile on turn start
[-] The following 1 user Likes Poruku's post:
  • messaiyan
(12-29-2021, 12:22 AM)Poruku Wrote: It really needs to do some bonus damage. Maybe even give you +1 void energy regen per adjacent tile on turn start
Thats a good idea. Or make it work like that firebirb passive for dark dmg
[Image: kTbQzUT.png]
Yes please make Dark Cinders epic. +1 on all alternative accounts.
[-] The following 2 users Like messaiyan's post:
  • Fern, Pyro