Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Priest fix pls
I'd like it if Sanctuary was able to allow allied tile effects, this may be a buff to the PvP scene but also it will be incredible PvE QoL, as having to think if you are actively removing a teammate's threats is not a very clear cut and good design for the skill, since its nerfs to its potencies, this has become the biggest gripe of the skill, as you could be doing more harm to your team than good.

Its a very tiny buff in PvP, but a very big one for PvE purposes.
If that's even possible, I'd like Hexer to receive the same treatment with its Dark Water. But so there are implications about how Light and Darkness field effects, thematically, discern no one from allies or foes. It sounds intentional? Yes. Is it fun/balanced? Nah.

Light Shards, Dark Water and Sanctuary all could be changed*, but standardized into "only affects enemies" accordingly.

Light Shard = Enemy: Reduces Hit by LV. Reduces the Momentum of Undead and Ghost enemies standing in it by 2. (Half-effective vs Possessed and Vampires)
Dark Water = Enemy: Reduces Status Resistance and Critical Evade by 30%. (Half-effective vs Boss monsters)
Sanctuary = Ally/Self: Reduces damage taken by 5%. Enemy: Tile effects cannot be placed down in the same tile as a Sanctuary.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
imo, the most important fix priest needs is for "Tenants" to be changed to "Tenets".

But on topic: I think Priest is still a solid class. If it wasn't *good*, people wouldn't use it, even as a subclass. And I don't think it boils down to just the faith/will. Less is more with these kinds of buffs.

Priest's offense and zone control is already pretty strong. Needle combos form a strong vanguard, with gentle torrent being the outlier that struggles comparatively. Maybe it's fine for it to struggle a bit? I think a small buff could be in order, though.

I like the idea of buffing the treatment skills, too. I would want to hear from experienced hexer players, though, and their thoughts on the treatment skills- so we can understand the kind of effect that buffing them would have.
(03-25-2022, 03:07 PM)Snake Wrote: If  that's even possible, I'd like Hexer to receive the same treatment with its Dark Water. But so there are implications about how Light and Darkness field effects, thematically, discern no one from allies or foes. It sounds intentional? Yes. Is it fun/balanced? Nah.

Light Shards, Dark Water and Sanctuary all could be changed*, but standardized into "only affects enemies" accordingly.

Light Shard = Enemy: Reduces Hit by LV. Reduces the Momentum of Undead and Ghost enemies standing in it by 2. (Half-effective vs Possessed and Vampires)
Dark Water = Enemy: Reduces Status Resistance and Critical Evade by 30%. (Half-effective vs Boss monsters)
Sanctuary = Ally/Self: Reduces damage taken by 5%. Enemy: Tile effects cannot be placed down in the same tile as a Sanctuary.

Why the nerf to dark water tho
[Image: kTbQzUT.png]
I find it ridiculous that one single field effect can completely outdo FAI investment.

If anything, it should only affect 'bonus FAI', rather than what you actually invest in it through skill points. The "nerf" was mostly to make it fall in line with the other effects.

I think the reason why it just sets FAI to 0 right now is because it affects allies and enemies.
Black water shouldn't be nerfed. Black water resist shoes should just be better. Or people should use Kirosh.

It keeps crit evade in check.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kazzy's post:
  • HaTeD
(03-30-2022, 08:08 AM)Kazzy Wrote: Black water shouldn't be nerfed. Black water resist shoes should just be better. Or people should use Kirosh.

It keeps crit evade in check.

No other effect in the game other than maybe buster cannon can completely remove the complete effectiveness of a stat, even in buster cannon's case its not removing the earth ATK associated to DEF, and is only reducing the phys.DEF% provided.

Dark Water is an insanely potent field effect that should be changed for the sake of game health, and even though FAI is in quite a strong spot right now, invalidating someone's entire build by placing the funny water under them is not very good for the continuing health of the tile effect.

It could be more useful if instead Dark Water reduced healing inside of its effective radius, this would not only affect FAI users pretty greatly, but it'd also start tapping into sustain bots without the need of passing a status check.

I see no reason why both of these things can't be changed, dark water to reduce healing potency, and sanctified soles to ignore them, as it stands sanctified soles will never compare to an elemental resistance shoe, elytra or even holy soles+.

Not to dissuade any other point made in the thread mind you, I am simply stating that what you are stating is not the most correct path for Dark Water in my opinion.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Autumn's post:
  • lordpidey
There's counterplay to it. If people want to hug to their manicured builds and complain about something rather than using the tools available, that's on them. I'll concede that more tile destruction effects would be nice, though.
Sanctified Shoes+ when? Just slap "+5 Armor" on it and call it a day.

Also, Kirosh doesn't work for passive tile effects iirc. Only ones that would trigger if you walk on them. So yes, counterplay wise things are severely limited here, chief. It's best to just change Dark Water to something less abhorrent in the end.

In what world 'reducing a whole stat investment to 0' is balanced? Like I said too, could affect Bonus FAI, since that's where people crutch the most on when playing Priest. +6 FAI from passive, +5 FAI from staves, +2 FAI from Hikari, +1 FAI from Starsign. All of those would be gone in a blink, but it would also not make the nat investment bite the dust because of funny afro-descendent water.
seems like priests who use faith either use the designated tile vacuum cleaner we know as sanctuary or theyre shit out of luck right? or use the designated boots that reduce the effect of dark water. something something eggs all in one basket, but clear ways to prevent it. No need to nerf dark water.