Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teamwork makes the dream work (Item Belt vs Allies)
So, I've seen a pretty debatable issue with being an IC 'alchemist' when compared to a happy-luck-go wiggly-fingered holy Lich(?) healer.

Potion Sickness's duration and the momentum costs for being helpful to an ally make the playstyle not really enticing. In that spirit I'd like to bring up a possible discussion about how potions should interact with allies. I believe the self-interaction is fine as is, but not when you're trying to support your allies.

What would everyone think if potions behaved that way, when used on allies?

- Once per ally, per round, using an Item on an allied unit refunds 3M.
- Potion Sickness duration is halved (min. 1), if the potion came from an allied unit.
- Potion Items are not removed from your Item Belt if you use them on an ally, but are still deduced from your inventory. (Similar to how Bombs work)
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
(12-29-2021, 03:42 PM)Snake Wrote: So, I've seen a pretty debatable issue with being an IC 'alchemist' when compared to a happy-luck-go wiggly-fingered holy Lich(?) healer.

Potion Sickness's duration and the momentum costs for being helpful to an ally make the playstyle not really enticing. In that spirit I'd like to bring up a possible discussion about how potions should interact with allies. I believe the self-interaction is fine as is, but not when you're trying to support your allies.

What would everyone think if potions behaved that way, when used on allies?

- Once per ally, per round, using an Item on an allied unit refunds 3M.
- Potion Sickness duration is halved (min. 1), if the potion came from an allied unit.
- Potion Items are not removed from your Item Belt if you use them on an ally, but are still deduced from your inventory. (Similar to how Bombs work)
Sounds pretty nice. But i think it should be a perk, or a class passive. maybe priest if so? Would make the mercalan tenets passive more appealing too
[Image: kTbQzUT.png]
Eeehhh... Nah. First I'd want something baseline before having skills that add onto it to perform better, you get me?

"Not all alchemists are Priests, but some Priests are alchemists." So when this gets changed, Mercalan Tenets can be improved in some way.

But the idea of a Talent or a Trait is always a +1 in my books for it allows better customization and differentiating factors between players, alas, this being changed from its root is what I desire more for now.
Maybe we should just accept that 5m are just to costly for an item and reduce all size scaling potions/items to 2/3/4m
I think that's fine, my complaint is how being a good samaritan in combat means shooting yourself on your foot. And Engineer.