Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spellpower boosters
There are a large slew of weapons that function to increase the power of spells by X or X% (Halved for off-hand). These weapons, however, may as well not have this functionality because they aren't casting tools and thus: Are absolutely TERRIBLE FOR THEIR LISTED PURPOSE.

My suggestion is to have these weapons count as casting tools for their listed element. Off the top of my head that would mean 

Burngada: Casts fire spells (Current: +10% PWR to Nerifian domain spells / 50% if off hand.)

Overgrown Staff: Casts lightning spells (Current: +1 PWR to nature spells per plant in 4 range)

Abberation Spear: Casts lightning spells (Current: +10% PWR to nature spells, /50% if off handed)

I'm sure there are MANY more that I don't have listed. And it would give niche weapons a new lease and, more importantly, assuage the typical cry for 'Give us weapon materials to cast other spell types'.

It wouldn't remove them, but it'd be a step in the direction.
[-] The following 4 users Like Kazzy's post:
  • HaTeD, Hiazro, Lolzytripd, Trexmaster
(01-05-2022, 01:35 PM)Kazzy Wrote: Burngada: Casts fire spells (Current: +10% PWR to Nerifian domain spells / 50% if off hand.)

Overgrown Staff: Casts lightning spells (Current: +1 PWR to nature spells per plant in 4 range)

Abberation Spear: Casts lightning spells (Current: +10% PWR to nature spells, /50% if off handed)

To note, the old purpose these weapons had was to serve as a spellblade compliment to what would be considered somewhat outdated builds in the current landscape of the game, as two-hand has become more and more important as well as glove slots that promote spellblading better than these weapons can. (Bloody Palms/Indignant Idol)

Specifically, in the case of Abberation Spear, Cerron Scepter and Burngada, you can argue usefulness in them from Reapers and Apertaurus specifically, and Overgrown Staff can technically work for priests, but even holy spark doesn't count for its effect.

Despite all that, these weapons are often left in the dust for spellblade builds, so I would like to also suggest giving them the same "Spellblade" passive from Spellblade weapons such as the magical-line and staff-line weapons.

Cerron Scepter should also be mentioned having effectively the same effect as the above mentioned (+10% Power to Aquarian Spells, halved in off-hand.)
I think allowing for these weapons to innately support their domain is a solid start in terms of making them more unique and effective for their intended purpose, especially with Burngada and Cerron Scepter, as those are two spell domains (Nerfian and Aquarian) that you can't get non-Will scaling casting tools for otherwise barring mutations (or the rather outdated Reaper/Apa racials).

For potential thematic and new build directions, I give this idea a thumbs up-
[Image: Rabbit.PNG]
We have stuff like Conduiz, so the code for 'this influences only one element for spellblade purposes'.

We could have the Item Effect be just called "Limited Spellblade", which only influences one element type. And Conduiz overwrites that, so we don't always have someone bi-elemental.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]