Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rebellious Spirit
The Hit debuff has to go. What was once a funny autohit meme is now worthless since there's no autohits to abuse this with anymore. And 1* items have only Basic (100%) scaling for the most part, alongside its horribly low power, so...

Could it be changed to:

Quote:Rebellious Spirit

Rebellion (Special) - +2 Power and Weight for every 1 Rarity below 9.

In a sense, adding Weight may help balance out some negative aspects from non-STR scaling weapons.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 4 users Like Snake's post:
  • Akame, FaeLenx, HaTeD, Pyro
This is not a bad idea given that a loss of accuracy is incredibly killer to a weapon's performance, this should help even out the enchant now that all weapons are evened out in scaling, meaning a standard longsword is still not gonna be better than a Raijin for instance just because it gets more power.
[-] The following 3 users Like Autumn's post:
  • FaeLenx, HaTeD, Snake
The extra weight sounds like a bonus for some classes.
[Image: kTbQzUT.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes adamkad1's post:
  • FaeLenx
Better that there's a bonus rather than just some dead weapons and enchantments.
[-] The following 3 users Like FaeLenx's post:
  • FaeLenx, Mewni, Trexmaster
Strong agree. Need something that competes with Reaper, Blessed, and Bloodhunt.
[-] The following 2 users Like Pyro's post:
  • FaeLenx, HaTeD
At maximum power gain of like 12, I do think rebelling should have a proper penalty, but hit penalty just hurts too hard
[Image: kTbQzUT.png]
(02-18-2022, 07:54 PM)adamkad1 Wrote: At maximum power gain of like 12, I do think rebelling should have a proper penalty, but hit penalty just hurts too hard
Perhaps weight, but only counts towards BW, not "actual" weight" so it doesn't become a straight cannon meme.
It's a power bonus to otherwise worthless items only.
Like, weight can either be a non issue or a death sentence to some builds that may rely on a tome for instance, I don't think any mage is gonna like rebelling x Tome having over 30 weight, just as much as some unga bunga warrior is gonna like a sword that was probably gonna hit 20 weight anyway.

The heaviest weapons in the game already are cemented in Arbalest's case, making the worries a non-issue in the long scheme of it.

All this does is turn what has been turned into a dead enchant into a comparable enchant, not even among the best as something like +16 power may not even have as much raw scaling as say a spine leash, Jackhammer or Fellgrant Drinker etc with Avalon or Blessed or something way better.
I'm onboard with this. Hit is one of the most painful things to lose now, and it certainly isn't worth the comparatively small power bonus. Making it just count as extra battle weight does seem like an easy way to prevent it from being abused by classes that like high weight, but even then it's not that much of a boon to them and I think arbalest is probably the only class capable of handling extra weight from this alongside an already generally heavy kit and gigantic enchant.