Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Youkai Regalias with Enemy Sprites
Just a semi-simple suggestion:

Allow Youkai Regalia to allow the use of enemy sprites as well!
Imagine having a (youkai) army of Jammers. Or being able to have a floating sword (youkai).
I think it would be a pretty good fix to the connundrum of wanting to have mercs in battle without making something broken by accident. Just RPing the youkai as summoned enemies, or something likethat.
I'd think that it'd at least open the possibility for RP! I mean, obviously you still have to have a Youkai, be it through summoner or guardian spirit. But it has some freedom to it if you have a regalia.
[Image: 5HkCz2Q.png]
[Image: s0bdkqm.png]
[-] The following 7 users Like Shadbase's post:
  • Ace, Chugma, Deja Vu, FatherCrixius, Fern, HaTeD, Sawrock
Soon I can roleplay my ascended Seiryuu as a sword spirit that flings razor sharp sword swings at people from the corner of the map instead of the usual alongside my custom tome regalia. (Also a sword)

-----

Considering the outstanding popularity of summoner as of this date I personally don't think it's a good idea to let players roleplay their youkai as something completely unrelated to being a summoner which you cannot do as people in the past have tried to roleplay youkai as 'shadows' or 'elementals' in the past and then handwave it in looc that it's not them being a summoner (even when they're using summoner abilities and mechanics).

As an example in the past there have been players who would bypass the IC stigma of using healing magic by roleplaying it as chucking med kits at people, which you can't do and is completely unfair and pretty ridiculous when you think about it.

-----

Rather than trying to cheese and stretch summoners limits even more than it already has been, I think supporting a PvP mode where players can bring in their mercenaries would be a better idea.

Which has been suggested before and its a good idea IMO and ironically would astronomically be helpful to Eventmins if they can have custom mercenaries for boss battles that isn't one giant health blob in addition to giving them total control for a better RP experience.
[Image: tenor.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes K Peculier's post:
  • Tana
THAT WOULD ALSO BE FINE FOR THE RECORD; it's just an idea Chaugmar and I had trying to think of something in the occasion that Dev doesn't `want` to allow mercs into a fight.
I want my single scarebear for my fights. Give me the BEAR.
[Image: 5HkCz2Q.png]
[Image: s0bdkqm.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Shadbase's post:
  • K Peculier, Sawrock
(03-15-2022, 12:09 PM)Shadbase Wrote: THAT WOULD ALSO BE FINE FOR THE RECORD; it's just an idea Chaugmar and I had trying to think of something in the occasion that Dev doesn't `want` to allow mercs into a fight.
I want my single scarebear for my fights. Give me the BEAR.

I will never stop the good fight to support a PvP mercenary mode just so that 4 people can somehow stack up to 16 jammers in a teamfight.
[Image: tenor.gif]
[-] The following 4 users Like K Peculier's post:
  • Pyro, Sawrock, Shujin, Snake
TBH, mercs should be allowed in uneven fights
[Image: kTbQzUT.png]
(03-15-2022, 09:28 AM)K Peculier Wrote: Soon I can roleplay my ascended Seiryuu as a sword spirit that flings razor sharp sword swings at people from the corner of the map instead of the usual alongside my custom tome regalia. (Also a sword)

-----

Considering the outstanding popularity of summoner as of this date I personally don't think it's a good idea to let players roleplay their youkai as something completely unrelated to being a summoner which you cannot do as people in the past have tried to roleplay youkai as 'shadows' or 'elementals' in the past and then handwave it in looc that it's not them being a summoner (even when they're using summoner abilities and mechanics).

As an example in the past there have been players who would bypass the IC stigma of using healing magic by roleplaying it as chucking med kits at people, which you can't do and is completely unfair and pretty ridiculous when you think about it.

-----

Rather than trying to cheese and stretch summoners limits even more than it already has been, I think supporting a PvP mode where players can bring in their mercenaries would be a better idea.

Which has been suggested before and its a good idea IMO and ironically would astronomically be helpful to Eventmins if they can have custom mercenaries for boss battles that isn't one giant health blob in addition to giving them total control for a better RP experience.

In order: Awesome. Let people have their fun

If its within the lore its within the lore. Otherwise GMs should be involved

And finally Tacticians First Aid skill would like a word. You can, in fact, hit people with first aid kits like they were the chief in Halo: CE. This arguement seems to boil down to 'I don't like this thing so it shouldn't be' despite the fact that a fair chunk of enemies are already yokai sprites and people do far more egregious things with Yokai regalia. Like turning all of their yokai into one yokai regardless of type so you can't tell which one is which.

I would rather fight the guy who regalias his Seiryuu as a Flying Sword than the guy who regalias his entire stable as vampiric legumes. Because one of those is interesting versus one of them being tedious.

Let people have fun.
[-] The following 3 users Like Kazzy's post:
  • FatherCrixius, HaTeD, Poruku