Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[v.2.54b] Sync-mind? I barely know her!
Bonus stats granted by youkai passives are ONLY updating and applying AFTER the progenitor youkai has been installed; Seal of the West only grants +2 STR after installing Byakko.

The passive will not be "checked" again thereafter, except if you release the youkai - you can move Byakko to the bottom of your youkai list, it's name red to denote it being unused, and you will still have +2 STR.

This is not how Sync-mind used to function - upon contracting the youkai your stats would be updated accordingly.

Here's proof:

The test subject is a Chimera who counts as a Dragon race, and the method of testing in this instance will be Daisengan, as it should apply to the subject at all times if the criteria are met. They originally had Daisengan active, so I released Haku and recontracted them.
[Image: udNKXIv.png]

Stats without Daisengan ^

[Image: S20tFCE.png]
Yet Haku is contracted! Guh!

Me and my friend had been testing this thoroughly already at this point, so at first I sought to eliminate the possibility that any install would refresh all youkai evoke passives. Here I tested installing Terrasque, who was already giving me +2 DEF and +5 Evade, to see if they would also nudge Daisengan into activation.

[Image: Ju5P2FV.png]
Prior to installing. ^
[Image: mh7GINv.png]
Installed. Stats have jumped around only due to being made a Mystic race - the stats to keep an eye on here are APT and to a lesser extent SAN. APT went up by one due to Install's +1-to-everything increase. If Daisengan were to activate, we'd be looking at 47 unscaled APT - we are not.

So I tried again with Haku in the top 3 in my list! There was no change - no Daisengan. I then tried to install Haku:
[Image: hkFGIoG.png]
And Daisengan suddenly activates. From 43 APT to 47 - +3 from Daisengan, and +1 from installing. I waited for the install to run out, and...

[Image: e41xGn0.png]

Daisengan is now active at all times, as it should be. The oddities regarding WIL in the above screenshots are due to equipment.

I'm going to go re-level my Haku, thank you.
number 1 GTer EU
[-] The following 2 users Like JamOfBoy's post:
  • Kiss, Poruku
i was with Jam for the entire of the testing, using other Youkai to make sure it wasnt simply just Daisengan.

This applies to ALL Youkai and their respective passives/installs.
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=18750966]
I'm also having issues with this, before installing a youkai I do not obtain any stat passives that I normally would obtain for simply having sync mind, this is recorrected after installing as stated in the OP. An issue with a workaround but not a very fun one.

[Image: ffe6OOQ.png]

Here is me before installing, nightshade is equipped but isn't active. This is occurring still in patch v2.62c.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Autumn's post:
  • JamOfBoy