Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solar LAME!
I'd like to suggest a buff to the Curate Spear Skill: Solar Lance

Currently (and I'm not trying to be overdramatic either), I can say that I've never in all my time memeing and getting flexed on in the arena have seen the skill used, which makes sense. 

Reason:
It pretty much pales in comparison to just about everything else the class has to offer.
It's too much of a task to truly integrate str[Fire atk] into Curate and its subclasses because it doesn't offer anything [besides a LB spell] to do with it. Of course, light damage activates the explosion as well but...The explosion is fire atk so it still isn't very useful.

So my answer you ask??
I'd like to suggest it be given elemental impacts. This would give it some flexibility and make it a bit more appealing to builds looking for an extra skill.
To be a bit more specific on the impacts I was thinking something along the lines of how Thousand Stab's scaling change does sorta.

Suggested Change:
Each Impact would change the explosion activation as well as its damage to: 100% Atk of each respective element 
Impacts:
Fire: Creates Cinder Tiles 
Ice: Creates Ice Tiles
Earth: Creates Pillaged Tiles [Likely of low duration] | Ik earth impact plilaged tiles are iffy but I thought it was cool vs the usual rank *2 damage increase. Either would honestly be fine though.

Wind: Creates Airshaft Tiles
Lightning: May Lightning Critical

It'd default to Light explosion damage with light shafts after the explosion in a diamond.
--------------

We must push the Lightning Rod Agenda...
https://neus-projects.net/forums/showthr...p?tid=8668

I actually made a thread on this a while ago!

I like the idea of giving it impacts yeah, though I think even with that, it needs a little bit more to it to really justify using it. Primary issue is that it's a spear skill on a class with promotions that don't really encourage spear use outside god rod or gem staves.
[Image: Rabbit.PNG]
(04-04-2022, 07:47 AM)InsainArcaneBirdbrain Wrote: https://neus-projects.net/forums/showthr...p?tid=8668

I actually made a thread on this a while ago!

I like the idea of giving it impacts yeah, though I think even with that, it needs a little bit more to it to really justify using it. Primary issue is that it's a spear skill on a class with promotions that don't really encourage spear use outside god rod or gem staves.
Ahh just seeing this, I completely agree.
Instead, add some spear support to curate and a spear-based promo, and suddenly solar lance makes sense.

Barring that, make the explosion scale from SWA not fire atk as a bandaid fix. Or, give it enough aoe and power it's worth building for
Or update Lantern Bearer to be a lantern-and-spear gameplay as the class hints you.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Solar Lance falls short in a lot of areas, I will name out what I like about it more than I dislike about it at least:

-Solar Lance's range is pretty good for a spear skill
-Total amount of scaling on paper sounds pretty good.
-One of the few hybrid physical and magical damage skills in the game.
-The delayed burst sounds good on paper but falls short due to removing the ability to solar lance a target for 2 whole rounds afterwards. Limiting its usage in a fight and calling into question its usefulness in spending 5 skill points for compared to the rest of curate.
-Delayed burst damage isn't even that strong, and doesn't ignore RES or M.Armor.

I think all you really need to do is adjust some gripes with the skill, namely that you'd boost the secondary damage effect's consistency much more by having it ignore both RES and M.Armor, given that it explodes after 2 rounds and only for 100% Fire ATK damage.

Secondly, I'd change the fire ATK Scaling to light ATK Scaling, still dealing fire damage. This allows it synergy with the rest of the priest classes and the new gemstone staves
[-] The following 1 user Likes Autumn's post:
  • Ace
A big issue with solar lance is that to effectively pop the effect you kinda need to use one of the light spells, either arrow or priest stuff, meaning you kinda want a spellcasting tool anyway, unless you're relying on brighten or phoenix's 10 damage flame. So it's hard to justify focusing on a non-spellcasting spear. Basically the hoops you gotta jump through are not worth it because it's just a mediocre skill, and you don't just naturally slot this into a normal build
I think it should also be noted that pre-GR this skill used to be a lot more unique and contributed very highly to high damage fire or light builds, what it would do is that the mark would store the first fire or light damage instance inflicted as the LV, and explode 2 rounds later for the same damage, this was incredibly toxic with CM Sear, but I could see it storing a percentage of all fire and light damage in the 2 rounds its active, as long as its within reason.

Such as with like, 30-40% of the damage inflicted in 2 rounds.