Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lantern Bearer QoL and SP adjustments
This is technically balance fu even though I think this more as a larger QoL buff to the class, I think its in a very decently strong position, but its age shows, skill slots limit how much you can use from this class effectively so I'd like to just propose that its SP costs be readjusted to allow more flames to be picked up, given that Gentle Embers exists to help prevent certain statuses.

[Image: hYGwQqR.png]

This class has a TON of SP to spend, especially on skills that are considered essential to the integral enjoyment of the class.

At the very least, the core of Lantern Bearer should all be cheaper to afford, to allow for more flexible options like Skyhigh and Guiding Light in rarer scenarios where they are called for. For that I believe that all the SP costs should change, without touching the scalings:

-Mainline lantern spells (Rebia/Quetal/Typhur etc.), focused beam and Skyhigh should all have a max SP cost of 3. (Frees up roughly 6-8 SP per build)
-Eternal Flame max 1SP now, it is core to the enjoyment of this class, not actually that strong of a passive. (Frees up 4SP if this was maxed out)

QoL Buffs:

-Eternal Flame no longer has a main class restriction on the aura.
-Focused beam gains Railgan beam animation, color changes depending on flame invoked.

Thanks for consideration.
[-] The following 12 users Like Autumn's post:
  • adamkad1, Blissey, HaTeD, Kameron8, Kiss, Lewdcifer, Poruku, Shujin, Slydria, Snake, Tana, TheCommonNoob
Strongly Agree
[Image: kTbQzUT.png]
LB and VA are what I call the poster children of old era build problems

Too many vital skills. Not enough sp to spend. TBQH I would axe each spell down by one level, tweak the scaling to compensate and call it a day in addition to the other things mentioned.
One hot idea would be making Focused Beam stronger (120% SWA/140% Elemental ATK) and turn it into the Main Class-only skill in exchange of freeing a little of Lantern Bearer's off-class potential from Eternal Flame.

Everything else said is a very alright bandaid until it gets its eventual rework.

The key point to remember here is that Lantern Bearer as a main class is boring as heck compared to the other 'main class only' gimmicks (especially when Curate also doesn't offer jack damn), and gets completely shut down by Geist Shritt. -Literally everything in LB 'targets an enemy' instead of the area around them-, give 'em a breathing room, boss man!
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Adding onto this thread a little bit here, while this change is not necessary to the health of the class, it would for sure help quite a bit in a few dungeons to have access to a proper light damaging spell as well, and since Gentle Embers doesn't have an effect for Phoenix, this also allows you to swap to the light element consistently (and in spars) for Eternal Flame/Imbue Strike/Focused Beam and the much coveted and underutilized Phoenix Talon.

Here's what I think it should do:

This change assumes Lantern Flames are changed to 3 ranks max.

Quote:Phoenix

Regular effect changed

Cooldown is now 2 rounds

Now deals 100/110/120% Light ATK + 100% SWA light magic damage in an AoE
All allies in range receive a regeneration buff (LV = Rank * 10) for 3 rounds. (Effectiveness can increase or decrease depending on distance)

Gentle Embers Effect:

Damage and regeneration component removed, and replaced with healing instead, additionally Phoenix can revive allies in 3 range, but the cooldown of Phoenix is increased to 7 rounds if used this way. (This is EXACTLY how it functions currently.)
[-] The following 4 users Like Autumn's post:
  • Blissey, HaTeD, Poruku, Snake
Yes please. Lantern bearer needs all this
I was trying to use phoenix Talon, before I stopped playing. In its current form its fun but sorta uneffective (outside of Monk/elf combos, its decent there), cause its kinda hard to pull off and if LB isn't your MC you use way to many buffs/not momentum efficient and eats up MC passives.

So alone the fact that Eternal Flame doesn't need to be MC would help greatly with build variety. If you remove the damage buff though maybe adjust it to the base Phoenix talon, I think it has fairly limited condition to warrant the boost especially since it no longer triggers per Kick on rapid kick but splits the damage. Also sort of an old skill. Falcon Roar for example is alot more efficient/less limited.

Not entirely sure if the later suggested change really helps with a "Light LB" and Phoneix talon thing though, simply cause of swapping to Phoenix has this long CD (unless I am off on old infos here which is possible). Its still fun though.

Main thing that I noticed though is Eternal Flame level-> Isn't it based on the level of it how much Aura damage you do? If so, you certainly have to remember to adjust how that works, outside of that?

Yes PLEASE. I wanted to play an LB so often but always found it lacking for the mentioned reasons.
I like all of this, yes.
[Image: Y8FFQj7.jpg]
^Mercala's Favorite Apparently
[Image: To2mAPS.png](heh)
I would enjoy to see this very much, a few changes for Lantern bearer to give it more utility and use would be amazing honestly.