Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Portable Crafting Stations should NOT use Murai.
Hello.

Once again I am here to put something that I thought would be quite obvious, and I know its been talked on before however I am going to redo it anyway because its starting to get really annoying.

Inquiry? Simple. If you have an Asago Portable Crafting Station, it should consume no Murai to craft ANYTHING.

Just like how having the Asago Mage Guild teleport costs no Murai.

Fine, want to use the normal stations around the world? Whatever, but the ones you buy with REAL MONEY?

Hell nawh
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=18750966]
[-] The following 2 users Like Kiss's post:
  • Akame, HaTeD
This suggestion would turn crafting into literal pay to win.
i see no harm in this with the game's current state. Korvara would be a different story kiss, however even if i agree taxes in general were a mistake when we have no player agency to accumulate it towards, it might impact the massive update negatively.
(04-26-2022, 08:49 AM)Tana Wrote: This suggestion would turn crafting into literal pay to win.
Brain Food
Birth Certificate
Fruit of Fluidity
Every Golden Tool
Asago Crafting Manual
Chaos Key

No one has a problem with these, and I dont think there should be a problem. You are literally paying money for convenience.

(04-26-2022, 08:53 AM)HaTeD Wrote: i see no harm in this with the game's current state. Korvara would be a different story kiss, however even if i agree taxes in general were a mistake when we have no player agency to accumulate it towards, it might impact the massive update negatively.
Oh yeah I speak nothing on Korvara, and yes. Fuck Taxes.
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=18750966]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kiss's post:
  • HaTeD
The difference between all those is this change alone would have saved me a couple million murai; The difference between someone being removed from taxes and not ends up a huge swing, and is directly and totally contrary to its intended purpose, only encouraging the exact opposite by turning it into a punishment for newer players.

While a nice idea that would directly benefit me personally, it seems like it would make what taxes we do have more crushing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tana's post:
  • Sawrock
Yeah I agree with Tana on this one; money sinks exist for a reason.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
(04-26-2022, 08:53 AM)HaTeD Wrote: i see no harm in this with the game's current state. Korvara would be a different story kiss, however even if i agree taxes in general were a mistake when we have no player agency to accumulate it towards, it might impact the massive update negatively.

Honestly, while I'm not fond of the tax rates on certain goods (especially seeds and cooking), it's not an unsalvageable system as a sink. I actually would totally be for a system where the taxes goes towards something rather than vanishing into the void. Not entirely sure what should be rewarded, but it should be beneficial for all players on the server. Maybe something like festivals as a mechanical event every time a threshold is hit which has some exclusive or hard to find goods, and would be a cool place to hang out for the ic of the occasion.

While taxes are still a flawed system when it comes to newer players, at least the knowledge of it contributing to something would be better than knowing it's a waste. If the reward is desirable enough as well, it may serve as a more tempting sink for richer players who may spend more to make it happen with increased frequency. Off topic a but yes, but I rather have a system in place rather than seeing a donation item reward the rich further.
[Image: Rabbit.PNG]
[-] The following 1 user Likes InsainArcaneBirdbrain's post:
  • HaTeD
The thing about money going into the void is that it comes from the void, though. There's an infinite amount of monsters to kill so money is constantly being introduced into the system; it needs a way to leave it, as well.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
I can't disagree with Tanasinn and Sawrock's thoughts, the taxes exist to funnel murai out, whether its liked or not, almost every game has this. The games that offer a more rewarding feature for 'taxes' often come with the form of infinite or nigh-infinite scaling upgrade systems that seriously deck out the character in question.

The upgrade system in this game actually does a pretty damn good job of taxing money out of newer characters, but we need to start targetting older characters sitting on a ton of money.

For example, the cost of making a new character to the bare minimum optimization standards will cost you:

17,000 Murai to Hikari
x amount of murai to buying remaining gear (Typically a total of 5-20k)
x amount of murai to upgrades (Typically a total of about 10-15k)

Which is not even counting most things like tools, enchantments, material kits and what not

This game as it currently stands actually has good monkey sinks in it, but only towards newer characters. Taxes exist as a steady drain on those past that stage, and they are a good reasonable thing to have, I just believe the new character tax is also too much.
I agree with Autumn. I think taxes are fine, and should remain. There's basically no reason to remove them in terms of game balance as a whole.

Furthermore, removing taxes on donation items would be a terrible pay to win idea. If taxes are to be removed or nerfed it should be equal for everyone. I don't quite understand the logic behind a portable crafting station being cheaper. You're already paying for convenience.