Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UI Bug Report - 04/30/2022
(Alternative title: I'm scared and frightened and this is a potential problem I don't know how to fix. All I wanted to do was respec my char)

So I encountered an issue that regards the UI and versions. I am aware that furniture placing is broken past version 513.1536 of BYOND and downgraded so I could do that on my property. I exited and rolled back up afterwards only to find an issue seeing any buttons for respeccing my character. The buttons are still interactable and that, but I can literally see none of them.
[Image: unknown.png]

Here is the rundown of actions I have taken that led up to this problem.

-Downgraded to this version (513.1536) place furniture.
-Logged out and cleared cache, after discovering my ELevel had non-removable trees and objects. Cache clearing removed objects on logging back in.
-Finished building in that level, logged out.
-Updated to latest BYOND which I unknowingly found causes problems.
-Contacted Discord GMs. Rolled back to v513.1542, closing the client beforehand.

The problem does not appear to have been resolved.
[Image: unknown.png?width=906&height=734]

Troubleshooting:
-Tapping "Delete" key does not reset it.
-HUD Transparency has remained untouched throughout and my settings on that is set to "Off".
-This UI issue is recurring, effects both of my characters, and appears to be something terribly wrong with version changes messing with my UI in this fashion. Any assistance would be massively helpful, as I have never run into this issue before. The issue does not appear to be game breaking to the best of my knowledge and I do not know if this is a reproduce-able error.

Please send help. I'm scared.
A hunting cat stalks the pouncing cat with care.
It looks like your save file was corrupted in a way that fucks with your UI settings.
Your race is definitely gone, and by extension all your aptitude isn't doing anything-- Along with the majority of your stats. If you haven't already, ask for a Save roll back and see if that fixes anything, I think it might.
[Video: https://youtu.be/dUTH39_YaFk]
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/4.../Goose.png

[Image: unknown.png]

DEV: Don't use such large images in your signature.

[Image: ff1cbab38842243c0634bf0ebaf4264f.jpg]
You should ping Dev before it's too late.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Well, looks like it's fixed now. Definately was a save corruption, though I still have no idea how. Thanks, guys.
A hunting cat stalks the pouncing cat with care.