Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tialha The Ghost - Character Concept
Applicable BYOND Key: Beowoof

Character Name: Tialha

Request Type: Character History/Existence

Request Details
I would like to create a character that is a spirit. Not the first atypical request that I’ve made. The concept is that the spirit is an Earthbound soul of a once Elven child with fractured memories that has drifted away from Mersales. I ask this request with the idea in mind that the character is to be strictly non-combative and in many ways incapable of interacting with the world like any normal character. As a rather harmless spirit, it is intended that they aren’t capable of defending themselves or influencing the world to meet their goals without the assistance and effort of proper player characters, in order to find the closure that they need to peacefully depart for Lazarus.

Reason why you are making this request:
I am interested in running a small plot-line that would likely last a more extended amount of time than simply one or two events, and so I am making this request. The plot-line is intended to be a short(ish) story on closure and having player characters help restore the spirit’s memory, make the amends it needs, and send it off to Lazarus when the work is done. In all likelihood, the character responsible for it will be a young, more compassionate Reaper.

Roleplay & Lore supporting your request:
Spirits are a known existence in the Sigrogana Legend 2 setting, and I know there is at least some elaboration on the entities within Reaper lore. Reapers are seen as freeing a spirit in their work when they send them to Lazarus, and different spirits such as Earthbounds, Mares and Manes are known to inhabit the world. Spirits are also stated to attach themselves to locations and objects, as well as others in the act of possession. So my intent is that this wayward spirit will be taken in by a player character to attach themselves to, and said character will be the vessel for the spirit to indirectly interact with the world. 

(Additional) Obvious Difficulties
I believe I’ve made some mention of the difficulties above, but I will state them clearly here.

The character is a spirit and should not have any direct influence on the world. They will attach themselves to a player character and exist only within proximity to whichever character or object they may currently be attached to.

Moreso, this character is strictly non-combative. They are 1) a non-violent spirit, 2) a young spirit, and 3) a spirit incapable of directly harming anyone.

A sprite and making it obvious that this character is a spirit may be another difficulty. My solution to this would be to buy a mask of the night lord, or make a Dullahan character, and use the flame/soul sprite for the character.

If it is also pertinent that it be clear a spirit character should only be observable by those with a perception for spiritual entities,  I am also prepared to put it in big fat letters on the front page of the character’s profile to state that they should only be perceivable to those who are normally capable of spiritual perception. In almost every public setting, I will likely keep to “wemotes” as the spirit interacts, however that’s if we are in a public setting. As, to be honest, it is probably going to be a fairly contained “campaign” of sorts, so I don’t predict much activity in public if any at all.
[-] The following 4 users Like TheRuffKnight's post:
  • Ace, Dystopia, Fern, HaTeD
If you're limiting these instances to a private event rather than sitting in the middle of Cellsvich as Casper the friendly ghost I don't see any issue and give you my approval.

In fact I wouldn't even ever appear in public at all with all this if you want to be taken seriously.

Also I know its common sense (yet somehow not amazingly) but please agree to not shove the spirit into a [insert race here] as a way to get a second life without any consequences.

Whatever player character that accepts to have this character attached to also cannot simply 'give' you their life to achieve the above.
[Image: tenor.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes K Peculier's post:
  • Dystopia