Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Castle map with the pillar in the middle should just be removed.
As the title states, that one castle map with the large pillar in the middle. Its incredibly unnecessary for multiple reasons, some that I will state here:

1. You are unable to spectate the map and you cannot use the ability to look around in a map with CTRL + Arrow Keys to get around this, therefor you cant get INTO a fight with it.

2. Its FAR too large for a normal battle, now in terms of actual length and width its not the same, but the fact the entire middle section basically forces you to walk around extends its vertical length by a decent amount. Its so slow, especially on things like Crazys since they're spread to each end.

3. Theres 2 maps for castle, the second one being a shorter yet thinner level is much better since it has the interesting mechanic of the extending attack platforms (which are neat), obstacles that can block your path (that's cool) and just looks way better.

4. ITS NOT FUN MAN. The pillar map is just awful to play on as literally every character i've ever played, mass grind characters, icly, fun builds- Its just not fun. I dont think ive seen anyone in the game enjoy it.

Just make the other jail map or whatever its called the default, please. Gods the suffering is awful.

Thats it, goodbye for now.
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=18750966]
[-] The following 16 users Like Kiss's post:
  • Boomkiller, Dystopia, Eldwitch, Fern, HaTeD, InsainArcaneBirdbrain, jintheblue, Kazzy, KitKatarine, Miller, Poruku, Pyro, Shujin, Slydria, Snake, Trexmaster
I rather have the feature fixed to "move your point of Spectating" on all maps, simply because thats not only an Issue for that one map but also limits you how to build custom maps in game which you want people to spectate in.

But I can also agree to the rest, it always takes like forever simply because of the positioning.
[-] The following 2 users Like Shujin's post:
  • Fern, Kiss
That map feels so bad to play, it's disheartening. I wish there was more map variety but this one really ain't it
[-] The following 1 user Likes Poruku's post:
  • Kiss
It's supposed to simulate corridors, but it does a pretty bad job at that. I'd rather the map had actual blockades and corridors than a huge obstructive pillar in the center.

For instance, its sister map is more interesting, for having the jail spots and the sacrifice table in the middle, it gives you maneuverability while letting spectators do something about it.

I'm all in for either revamping it, or removing it.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake's post:
  • Autumn
(06-16-2022, 07:52 PM)Snake Wrote: It's supposed to simulate corridors, but it does a pretty bad job at that. I'd rather the map had actual blockades and corridors than a huge obstructive pillar in the center.

For instance, its sister map is more interesting, for having the jail spots and the sacrifice table in the middle, it gives you maneuverability while letting spectators do something about it.

I'm all in for either revamping it, or removing it.

This is a good idea, you could make it more interesting by dividing the center donut piece into four pillars similar to a map you find in the Lorywell Catacombs, this would significantly reduce the space it takes up, and moving around the donut map is pretty BLEH, especially cause you can't see the monsters that are on the other side.

The donut map, is simply only outdated because monsters appear on one side of the map now, it did not used to be as much of a pain when monsters were randomly spread around the battlefield, it just needs to be adjusted is all.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Autumn's post:
  • Snake