Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bullied by Nemalyth over a puzzle
I will keep this suggestion in somewhat vague terms to avoid spoilers.

Myself and a group of friends ICly chanced across each other at the sight of a certain sigil near Telegrad with a puzzle relating to the moon and 'Landal'. One of those people had received a hint IC from someone they know on how to activate said sigil which, with the help of the hint at that sight, allowed one of us to work it out. Unfortunately, because none of us had examined the tablet apparently in another location expressly giving us the hint that was passed on IC, it didn't work and we instead received a message from Nemalyth slapping us on the wrists for metagaming.

As much as I understand gameplay/progression reasoning for this as the hint tablet is supposedly somewhere between this sight and the place it teleports you too, I think that this should be removed. Our case is a perfect example of what was a perfectly ICly reasonable and very fun interaction with said puzzle, which was then cut off by supposed metagaming protection. I'm not sure if others will agree with this or not, but I'm interested to see what others think given the circumstances in this example.
[-] The following 3 users Like sadbot's post:
  • Kiss, lordpidey, Shadbase
I was one of the three effected by this.

I'm totally fine with there being a progression stopper, just don't outright accuse the player of metagaming.
Perhaps a key item could be received from the hint tablet that needs to be used at the sigil sight at the very least.
[-] The following 1 user Likes sadbot's post:
  • lordpidey
I didn't think people would get offended by it since it was mostly intended to just be a joke, but in any case I've changed it to a more IC message. You'll still have to visit the tablet in order to be able to get the chest, however.

This change will be reflected in 2.60d.