• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
False Ban
Game you were banned from: Sigrogana Legend 2
In-game name (key): Bryce5015
Reason you were banned:
 [Image: unknown.png]
The length of the ban, if you know: 24 Hours
Who banned you, if you know: Bready
Why we should unban you: The context is completely obscured as things stand. The ban states unacceptable use of language and most importantly, blatant disregard for others.

The person the screenshot is referring to in particular is Wanderlust. They are someone I've come to know a bit by now and we talk plenty. When I made the joke, they sent it to their discord cause they thought it was funny. I still think it's funny too, and I'm not gonna pretend I feel sorry for saying it when the people it was intended to are enjoying the joke themselves.

Now as far as I can figure out, someone in that discord, of which I'm not a part of, reported the screenshot to Bready. Now while I'm not a rules nerd, a quick review seems to mean I violated the respect rule, in a technicality sense, as someone unrelated found me to be disrespectful.

Not only was I not really breaking a rule to begin with, but this came up with no warnings. No DMs, GM PMs. No players told me off or anything.

Yes, it's only 24 hours. That isn't the point. The point is I'm forced to take a day off from SL2 because of something absolutely stupid, because out of context screenshot was pushed to a GM. I don't expect this to get responded to by the time the 24 hours is up, but I would much appreciate in the future, a proper warning. This is not that. This is annoying.

I didn't get too into the details here, for private reasons. But I hope the idea is clear. I'm not a straight man either.
Good morning. I'll keep this relatively brief.

[Image: unknown.png]

There are extremely few acceptable contexts for behavior like this on SL2. This is not one of them.
Not only were there multiple people who brought this to our attention, but this is the latest in a series of reports regarding your hostile behavior, with screenshots. Including in "IC" posts. This is a light touch as far as I'm concerned, for only the most blatant we've seen.

Frankly, I don't care if you were saying it to a friend. Roleplaying games of our sort are fundamentally built to work off of the collaborative nature of roleplay as a hobby. The discomfort that behavior like this causes is fundamentally toxic to a roleplaying environment... hence why most reasonable players know to keep less pleasant "jokes"- if I grant you that -like this to a more private venue, such as the discord you must surely share with said friend.
Whilst some LGBT folk may be fine with language like this being used by a friend when regarding them, not everybody is going to be happy with you tossing around slurs. This should be obvious.

Learn to cut the hostility, or you won't be welcome here at all.
That was a WEMOTE, the only person in range to see it (I know it's 2 tiles and not 1 tile) was Wanderlust. He was the one that took that screenshot, as I said. He knows I was messing with him, and he sent it to another discord because he thought other people might laugh at it. The LOOC post was only seen by like 1 other person ingame and with the full context it's pretty obvious who I'm talking to. If said 1 other person was uncomfortable, well damn, I guess I did fuck up. Otherwise? It's nobody elses business to be reporting but Wanderlust if any.

Don't tell me that all posts are automatically IC when plenty of people have said their own share of sus things in WEMOTE not just in mainland but over here in Korvara.

I continue to maintain I didn't do anything that upset anyone in that screenshot.
There's not hostility to be cut because there is none.

I'll tell you I won't be letting myself post anything spicy outside discord from now on. That would have went even if all I got was a warning. All it takes is a GM to tell me off, since the player didn't bother to do so...which is assuming it was them. But given that the screenshot being shared with mods was originally only seen/held by wanderlust, I'm almost 100% that's not the case.

It's no different than if I just DMed him the joke, he screenshots our DMs, and then someone gets upset for him anyway.

I'd also like to talk about these previous reports. I'm assuming they happened in Korvara? If it has to do with calling a GM, I hold the stance I did nothing wrong in that instance, even moreso than here. These previous reports make no sense from my perspective, especially when they're the only reason I can think I'd get banned.  Because telling me to get off SL2 for a day for in-jokes is backwards no matter how you try to spin it.